Anyone know about LUXEON sunplus 2835 line?

A catch-all category for LED-related questions, content, news, rumors, or whatever. If it doesn’t fit elsewhere, put it here.
GARDENFIRELED
LED-Curious
LED-Curious
Reactions:

Manufacturer's link

https://www.lumileds.com/products/horti ... 2835-line/

Data sheet

https://www.lumileds.com/products/horti ... 2835-line/#

I'm thinking of using these to do a line of customisable led strips to go with eb or Sammy

I'd have an interactive thing on the website where U could choose how many of what colour and how U wanted the strip set up depending on ur driver or whatever cobs or strips U were putting them on together with.

I just can't find anything about them or anyone using them

@Welight
PeteR_1
LED Tinker
LED Tinker
Reactions:

Have no info or experience with these LEDs,

Sunplus Purple 2.5% LED Wavelength Percentage Distribution and Graph...
Sunplus Purple 2.5% LED Wavelength Percentage Distribution and Graph...

but IMO the "Purple 2.5% Blue" looks like a good "PC Red, Broadband Supplement" for any 80 CRI Primary Light Source...
TEKNIK
LED Wizard
LED Wizard
Reactions:

The sunplus 2835s do not use the most efficient chips. They have nice colours but will be poor efficiency
Find me on Instagram led_teknik
GARDENFIRELED
LED-Curious
LED-Curious
Reactions:

TEKNIK wrote:
Thu Aug 27, 2020 2:28 am
The sunplus 2835s do not use the most efficient chips. They have nice colours but will be poor efficiency
Poor efficiency compared too?

Crew Xpg 3 is the big dog in the 660nm and she only gets around 2.6 umol/j right at half nominal current right?

These get around 2.4 at nominal

Have U ever tested these chips at under driven currents ?
Last edited by GARDENFIRELED on Thu Aug 27, 2020 9:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PeteR_1
LED Tinker
LED Tinker
Reactions:

TEKNIK wrote:
These LEDs would work for my use / application supplementing White LED strips, even being less efficient, especially since they are more readily available at my location (US).

Cutter had some PC Red Strips, but they are no longer listed. 560 mm PC Red strips on a separate Dimmable channel / Driver could be an extremely useful supplement for existing fixtures.

BTW, this is my idea of the “Ultimate” supplement for my application...

GARDENFIRELED
LED-Curious
LED-Curious
Reactions:

PeteR_1 wrote:
Thu Aug 27, 2020 3:41 pm
TEKNIK wrote:
These LEDs would work for my use / application supplementing White LED strips, even being less efficient, especially since they are more readily available at my location (US).

Cutter had some PC Red Strips, but they are no longer listed. 560 mm PC Red strips on a separate Dimmable channel / Driver could be an extremely useful supplement for existing fixtures.

Looks good to me also note the royal blue still has a red pump at in it?

Ur dream spectrum Looks like some of the 2.5% purple, a splash of royal blue and the 660
TEKNIK
LED Wizard
LED Wizard
Reactions:

GARDENFIRELED wrote:
Thu Aug 27, 2020 10:49 am
TEKNIK wrote:
Poor efficiency compared too?

Crew Xpg 3 is the big dog in the 660nm and she only gets around 2.6 umol/j right at half nominal current right?

These get around 2.4 at nominal

Have U ever tested these chips at under driven currents ?
viewtopic.php?f=15&t=5316&hilit=Showdown
Tests I have done on the Cree, osram and my 660nm are here

I have not tested the sunplus line. Its probably 3 years since I looked at it but it wasn't very good back then.
TEKNIK
LED Wizard
LED Wizard
Reactions:

PeteR_1 wrote:
Thu Aug 27, 2020 3:41 pm
TEKNIK wrote:

Buddies are available in PC red. They are cheap and come in at about 2 micromouls per joule.
Because of the optics on Buddies it makes them much better for suppliment strips as they blend better into normal white strips or boards.

https://growlightsaustralia.com/product/buddies/

Im working on a blue version of the Buddies also that will fill in the area you want and a bit more.
Efficiency will be good and price will be good too. Its just been an extremely difficult year to organise these things. It will be worth the wait and probably about 8 weeks off being in stock.
PeteR_1
LED Tinker
LED Tinker
Reactions:

GARDENFIRELED wrote:
Thu Aug 27, 2020 7:33 pm

Looks good to me also note the royal blue still has a red pump at in it?
Ur dream spectrum Looks like some of the 2.5% purple, a splash of royal blue and the 660
It’s essentially 420 nm to fill in the “Missing” Violet in most PC White LED spectrum plus PC Red for Deep and Far Red. Adding only 660 nm Deep Red can increase the electrical efficiency (Increase PPE) but doesn’t necessarily increase the photosynthetic efficacy, a reason why Narrow Band Red / Blue LED Sole-Source Grow Lights (Blurple) are being relegated to Greenhouse Supplemental Lighting.

TEKNIK wrote:
Thu Aug 27, 2020 9:29 pm
Buddies are available in PC red. They are cheap and come in at about 2 micromouls per joule.
Because of the optics on Buddies it makes them much better for suppliment strips as they blend better into normal white strips or boards.

https://growlightsaustralia.com/product/buddies/

Im working on a blue version of the Buddies also that will fill in the area you want and a bit more.
Efficiency will be good and price will be good too. Its just been an extremely difficult year to organise these things. It will be worth the wait and probably about 8 weeks off being in stock.
Thanks, I’ve already bookmarked the Buddies Page just for those PC Reds... Am currently looking for some 420 nm Violet. ;)
TEKNIK
LED Wizard
LED Wizard
Reactions:

Blue Buddies will have plenty of Violet. They will have 400nm 430nm and 480nm. The 400nm and 430nm will overlap to bring up the 420nm, 480nm is near missing from nearly all white leds.