Raging Kush 2.0 - The Next Evolutionary Step Or More Marketing Hype?

A catch-all category for LED-related questions, content, news, rumors, or whatever. If it doesn’t fit elsewhere, put it here.
Japes
LED-Curious
LED-Curious
Reactions:

So ScynceLED has been selling this light https://scynceled.com/product/raging-kush-2/ for little while now and I'm wondering is this the next evolutionary step for home/indoor grow panels or just more legendary LED marketing dept. hype, (or what we consumers call lies)? This looks like the ultimate tweakers grow light and it's about time higher end capabilities that have been available to labs and greenhouses has trickled down. Performance wise I would think it isn't going to scare any W or RW panels based on Samsung, and other's, latest offerings. But that sentence sorta begs a question. If you can bring in a crop that looks healthier, smells and tastes better, and with a bit more potentcy and/or with a longer lasting effect, how much decreased biomass would be acceptable for you? Basically 1.8 pounds of great weed per 4' x 4' vs. 1.4 pounds of truly amazing weed. Now just because you bought this "amazing" light isnt guaranteeing you're going to grow amazing weed. I'm sure a real light recipe takes quite a while to develop, especially when talking about multiple strains, but having the ability to program PR/PFR manipulation, along with some other capabilities, from your phone built into the light is nice, and IMHO, evolutionary. Yes, at $1500.00 bucks you could fill a room with VIVOSun VS1000's and still have money left over for timers, nutes and a weekend in the 'Dam but that's still cheaper then the pro-horti offerings, (albeit this panel doesn't seem to have as much spectrum control as a true R&D light). Still it's gotta be somewhat intriguing for all you hardened growers out there.

Info - https://wpqe44ctina2488m914rjfpa-wpengi ... 2.0_v1.pdf
Light Report - https://wpqe44ctina2488m914rjfpa-wpengi ... Report.pdf
"The Fool doth thinks thyself wise, but the Wise knows thyself to be a fool."
greengenes
LED Enthusiast
LED Enthusiast
Reactions:

I got to meet with the Scynce guys and a few growers using them recently and was honestly impressed.

Solid output of ~1600+umols overall. Not record breaking in output/efficacy, but it's still super efficient by any standards. 1600umols delivered is more than a new 1000w SE fixture or used DE one so it's doing the job. for the designed area.

Scynce's benefits are on the control and data side of the lighting.
The key is the full power tuning...that to me is the most impressive thing this light does. From a light maker perspective and from growers. Available SPD makeup from tuning is perfect for cannabis and high light crops. I used to have to make whole new PCB runs and lights to do some of the basc testing that they can do.

The optics are interesting and not just normal off the shelf, so they are part of "the program" you could say. I think there will be more to these down the road.

Yes at first clearly it seems the ultimate recipe fiddler plug and play light. But also for facilities that run the same strains over and over for years to dial in per crop requirement.
Bugbee was very interested in them at the show too. So will see it more than just hobbyist fiddlers soon.

Long story short, I have Scynce on the good list for companies in the industry. Premium/niche...but good.
Nuggie
LED Maniac
LED Maniac
Reactions:

You can do the same thing with dual channel Vesta's and Inventronics drivers to adjust your light recipe to infinite combinations. My light is fully adjustable for light recipe as well its built on ready rod so I can change its footprint.
If your aunt had balls she'd be your uncle.
greengenes
LED Enthusiast
LED Enthusiast
Reactions:

Nuggie wrote:
Sun Nov 28, 2021 5:30 pm
You can do the same thing with dual channel Vesta's and Inventronics drivers to adjust your light recipe to infinite combinations. My light is fully adjustable for light recipe as well its built on ready rod so I can change its footprint.
Wouldn't call that the same thing by any means. Sure, with an big enough budget you could DIY anything. But in your oversimplified attempt would be missing the 660/730 entirely, which is also full power tunable. also missing the App control of it all. Or the...
-IP rating of the entire fixture.
-The verified output with all those features.
-Batwing Optics
-Full power color tuning at 400w+ isn't standard.
-data logging

Can it all be done...sure it could.
Can it be done for less with the same amount of certification and reliability, and ease of use...No.