Fluence Spyder 2P w/ Mean Well Driver

A catch-all category for LED-related questions, content, news, rumors, or whatever. If it doesn’t fit elsewhere, put it here.
GDiddyDank
LED-Curious
LED-Curious
Reactions:

Hey everyone... I’m new round these parts but did a quick search and didn’t see this on the forums yet. In fact I’m finding it very difficult to find info in general.

I’m a cultivator but only have a very basic understanding of building/wiring/powering of LEDs. What I want to do is use a Mean Well HVG series driver (650w) to power a Fluence Spydr 2P fixture.

I need to know if it can be done and how difficult it would be to do it. Also... If there would be a more suitable driver for this application then I’m all ears. That mean we’ll model looked to me like it was comparable to the stock fluence driver.

Please and thanks to everyone ✌🏼👽🤓
Shimbob
LED Wizard
LED Wizard
Reactions:

What's the specs of the fluence driver, model number?
Something could be done if the numbers match.

The only HVG available in 650W is actually the HVGC-650, with various output voltages.

I don't know the stock output voltage of the fluence driver and my google-fu is coming up short.
GDiddyDank
LED-Curious
LED-Curious
Reactions:

Thanks for the quick response shimbob!

Stock fluence drivwr:
@ 120v the input is 652w, 5.43A
Input voltage is 120-277v

Not sure where it shows the output voltage unless that is the 120-277v range. Spec sheet below shows current and wattage at the sifferent voltages.

https://1gt3sd9flvb3kwgha3wmyhbu-wpeng ... 020-02.pdf
Japes
LED-Curious
LED-Curious
Reactions:

GDiddyDank wrote:
Sat Sep 18, 2021 5:16 am
Thanks for the quick response shimbob!

Stock fluence drivwr:
@ 120v the input is 652w, 5.43A
Input voltage is 120-277v

Not sure where it shows the output voltage unless that is the 120-277v range. Spec sheet below shows current and wattage at the sifferent voltages.

https://1gt3sd9flvb3kwgha3wmyhbu-wpeng ... 020-02.pdf
The Fluence LED driver seems to be made by Intertek, (Model 4009715 as far as I can tell). You could try to talk to Intertek, maybe they have some info they can share with you. Something tells me you may have difficulty finding a non-Intertek driver to drop in. Maybe with some re-wiring. The Spyder driver could be several smaller drivers wired in some kinda sequence. Good Luck!

https://2xuwao2gok1v2wn2em9n5ys8-wpengi ... 00818a.pdf
"The Fool doth thinks thyself wise, but the Wise knows thyself to be a fool."
Shimbob
LED Wizard
LED Wizard
Reactions:

Intertek doesn't make anything except paperwork.

If someone happened to have an original spyder 2P driver and could measure the open circuit voltage then at least we'd have a voltage to start with.
greengenes
LED Enthusiast
LED Enthusiast
Reactions:

YOu need to know the output spec. After that it's easy 123 to find alternative driver.

Driver should have the spec on it. Take a pic of the label.

If not, get a multimeter out and fire it the light. Check the voltage of each board.