Weak buds

A catch-all category for LED-related questions, content, news, rumors, or whatever. If it doesn’t fit elsewhere, put it here.
Calabroleso
LED-Curious
LED-Curious
Reactions:

Hello so after building my diy led i finally ended my first grow. I grew 4 plants and they did great smell taste and yeld is on point, but they don't get you high or if they do the hight doesn't last. The strain has an 16% thc so not incredibly high. Anyway i'm pretty sure i messed something with the light spectrum/light intensity. I used 10x samsung SL-B8U261560WW (23 VF 1120 mA 3500k) in a 80x80cm tent, meanwell 320h-24A but when i set the power supply i put the v at 22.8 or 22.4 (i don't remeber exactly). Can you tell me where i did wrong? (also i used a cheap carlaon microscope to see tricomes so i din't miss the harvest time.
Rocket Soul
LED Lover
LED Lover
Reactions:

I don't think you did anything wrong with building your light, loads have done fine with standard 3500K white samungs.
The only unusual thing is that you seem to have a lot of power: about 100w more than you need for your space.

If it's just the first led run I wouldn't go changing the light, just get some more potent genetics for the next one. If you're still lacking ooomph you can add a little bit of UV, range between 400-430nm and 365nm are some of your best bets for targeting.