Raspberry Pi 'Shortage', possibilities.

A catch-all category for LED-related questions, content, news, rumors, or whatever. If it doesn’t fit elsewhere, put it here.
Complex
LED Enthusiast
LED Enthusiast
Reactions:

I am/was right on the fence of buying some atlas scientific kits; ph, ec, temp. But I was planning on working with a raspberry pi. These are very difficult to find right now, the prices are going up and up, and it also seems people are buying them up to gouge people on ebay etc.

I'm a complete newb, by the way. This would be my first attempt at anything like this. I bought an arduino uno kit over a year ago and haven't had/didn't take the time to play with it yet.

I need to make a hydroponic garden meter or "monitor", maybe something similar to atlas scientific's "ph iot" monitor.

People here will know more than I will what the realities of getting a raspi in the 'near' future are, and possibly other options. Again, I'm a newb to this, and I was thinking (guessing) I could use home assistant as the software/brains of the device. When I see raspi 'kits' being sold for $250cad, I wonder if buying an entire used laptop is a better idea? You know, an old thinkpad? It sure wouldn't make a neat, little, portable sized device for the inteded purpose, but would it be an option?

sorry for the newb questions.