hlg 480H24A double output wires question

A catch-all category for LED-related questions, content, news, rumors, or whatever. If it doesn’t fit elsewhere, put it here.
Opa Legalize
LED-Curious
LED-Curious
Reactions:

high guys...
My build involves 15 f generation 2 foot ledstrips which use 390 watts
My driver is a hlg 480H24A
It has 2 output wires, they have the same specs
I want to use paralel connection

Question: Since I use paralel wiring for the 15 x 23 volt strips, it seems to me (total electronic newbee) I only actually need just 1 output wire?
Sooo......
Can I just use the one output and isolate the other output or maybe put the 2 together since they have the same specs?

thanks for YOUR input!
LEDG
Site Admin
Reactions:

You should use both sets of outputs to keep the current down on the run. This is why Mean Well provides 2 sets on big low voltage drivers. If you use only one, you’ll have a huge amount of current flowing on that wire. Too much current on a wire can cause the wire to heat and catch fire and can also exceed the current ratings of your connectors.

If you use both sets of output leads and split your strips so that half are on one, half are on the other, you’ll split the current running through each set of wires in half.
Want to Support the Site?

Use this Amazon referral link and any purchase you make within 24 hrs will earn LEDgardener a commission at no cost to you!
Opa Legalize
LED-Curious
LED-Curious
Reactions:

thanks a lot my friend for in input....
my setup/plan is now to connect 9 strips one one output wire and 6 strips on the other one

is that okay qua current?
the strips are 23 volt at 1.2 amp and I wire them paralel
Opa Legalize
LED-Curious
LED-Curious
Reactions:

okay.... ledg.... I will split the set up 7 and 8 just make sure its kind of balanced....thanks for the help
LEDG
Site Admin
Reactions:

Good stuff. Make sure you use nice thick wire to join your wagos together if you're using wagos.
Want to Support the Site?

Use this Amazon referral link and any purchase you make within 24 hrs will earn LEDgardener a commission at no cost to you!