Alibaba suppliers

A catch-all category for LED-related questions, content, news, rumors, or whatever. If it doesn’t fit elsewhere, put it here.
majorana
LED Maniac
LED Maniac
Reactions:

I spent not-little time in March getting quotes for mid-power PCBs from Alibaba suppliers.

I ended up going with Mufue, and after some discussion sent them a payment for a bunch of strips on March 30th. The expected arrival time was 5-7 days.

Shipping date was since postponed three times, and to this date no tracking code was supplied. This is three weeks after the order was placed, despite supposed immediate delivery. I trust PayPal for a refund, but won't be going to flower as originally planned.

It's perfectly possible that Mufue do indeed supply the highest quality PCBs, but I've never actually seen them. And perhaps others were luckier with their production cycle. But I figured that this is an experience worth sharing.
Sativant
LED Lover
LED Lover
Reactions:

That's a bummer. If it's any consolation, I ordered from Digi-Key and my order was delayed several times. I guess LED strips are in high demand.
mr blue
LED Enthusiast
LED Enthusiast
Reactions:

I've heard peeps say there is a shortage of samsung 561c leds. Prob over sold with some businesses.
majorana
LED Maniac
LED Maniac
Reactions:

A couple of suppliers did indicate there will be a 2-3 week lead time. I chose Mufue in part because of the promise for 5-7 day delivery. Had they mentioned a 2-3 week lead time I might have still chosen Mufue, but would have given a greater weight to other suppliers.

Nothing really tragic here, but trust is built on reliability, and given this experience I'll make my next order with another supplier -- even if the PCBs turn out to be fantastic.
Osash78
LED Lover
LED Lover
Reactions:

Try with, Bova lightning and Mejiu lightning.
I got my boards in 4-days to Europe. They fast responding and making all kind of things with original Samsung 561C s6...
stillrolling
LED-Curious
LED-Curious
Reactions:

I ordered a bunch of 96 LED panels from Roget/Mufue last year. From payment it took roughly ~2 months for the box of them to be shipped and when they finally showed it turned out it was a scam and they use LM561B+ chips. There's a few similar stories on RIU of people having the same experience. In future I'd probably avoid doing any business with him again.
majorana
LED Maniac
LED Maniac
Reactions:

stillrolling wrote:
Mon Apr 23, 2018 8:32 am
I ordered a bunch of 96 LED panels from Roget/Mufue last year. From payment it took roughly ~2 months for the box of them to be shipped and when they finally showed it turned out it was a scam and they use LM561B+ chips. There's a few similar stories on RIU of people having the same experience. In future I'd probably avoid doing any business with him again.
Ouch.

I'll be getting mine tomorrow, after paying 30% more on customs. If it's the LM561B+ I'll file with PayPal for a refund. I'll be losing quite a bit of money if that happens (I won't be refunded for customs or return shipment), but I'm so annoyed with the service.
majorana
LED Maniac
LED Maniac
Reactions:

As I've said before somewhere on the forum, the LM561B+ is a perfectly fine diode. For a good price I'd be happy to buy it. But after Mufue had my package shipped with a 3 week delay, getting the LM561B+ instead of the LM561C (which I paid for) is just too annoying. I'll be returning the package and take a hit on customs I paid.

The strips I got, by the way, are all marked "sun board". I'd be careful when ordering those, but of course a reseller with a reputation is easier to handle in case a return is necessary.
seanhodg
LED-Curious
LED-Curious
Reactions:

Several suppliers indicated that the turnaround time would be 2-3 weeks. I chose winit tracking in part because of the promise of delivery within 5-7 days. Suppose they had mentioned a 2-3 week turnaround time. In that case, I may have still chosen the same delivery provider but would have given more weight to the other vendors. BTW, I've heard people talk about the lack of Samsung 561c LEDs. Probably a large number sold out from some businesses. That's why there are very few of them.