Awaiting DigiKey Order Over 2 Months, Lead Times Changed 3 Times....

A catch-all category for LED-related questions, content, news, rumors, or whatever. If it doesn’t fit elsewhere, put it here.
J.R.R.Toking
LED Enthusiast
LED Enthusiast
Reactions:

Hi all,

I've been waiting on some strips from DigiKey for two months already (Samsung F-Series LT-FB24B 4′ LED Strip)...the 4 foot double-row...and the Lead Time has changed 3 times already! Is this normal?

I realize they are beholden to a supply chain that runs on a slow boat from China, but...damn! How long does someone need to usually wait for the privilege of spending $400?!?!

Are there any alternative distributors in the US? What are the typical wait times for you guys using DigiKey?

All I can say is I'm glad I didn't germinate my tomato seeds already...
LEDG
Site Admin
Reactions:

Holy crap. They can’t make these things fast enough.
Want to Support the Site?

Use this Amazon referral link and any purchase you make within 24 hrs will earn LEDgardener a commission at no cost to you!
unkle_psycho
LED Wizard
LED Wizard
Reactions:

I had a similar experience... Waited a month for my desired EB gen2 strips, then the estimated arrival changed to two months ahead. Frustrating, but while waiting I found ledgardener, and the vesta strips :)

Perhaps the universe is pushing you to wait for samsungs new horticular range that should be coming out in weeks?
"Nothing is true, everything is permitted"
Exdj
LED-Curious
LED-Curious
Reactions:

I just posted the same complaint on another board. I am three months since ordering 10 44” strips. Even got an email saying theyd be shipped to me on the 20th of May but now looking at digikey lead time is now june 19. A bit shocked it takes this long to make and/or ship a new batch. I also dont want to cancel order because the price has gone up too.
unkle_psycho
LED Wizard
LED Wizard
Reactions:

Perhaps the distributors got burned with modules, since the market moves so fast. For a long time there were much more EB1s in stock then EB2s. Haven't followed them for long enough to really know but perhaps they are becoming more careful with their stock, it seems there are lots of products available on fast order if you want 400-2000 pieces minimum. They are a reliable industrial partner, but our options are a little more limited.

Will certainly try to be ready when the new samsung horticultural range arrives. Leaves a moment to collect friends into a group buy :)
Sativant
LED Lover
LED Lover
Reactions:

I waited at least a month for mine and the lead time changed several times.
We’re on the bleeding edge of lightning technology !
PurpleGunRack
LED Enthusiast
LED Enthusiast
Reactions:

I recently sent Digi-key a mail asking when they expected the 2' and 4' F-series single row 3000K to be back in stock, and they sent me a qoute for 3000 pieces of each.... :roll:
LivingLight
LED Enthusiast
LED Enthusiast
Reactions:

I've been ordering like 20times at digikey but never had any trouble, tho i'm only ordering stuff that is already in stock
unkle_psycho wrote:
Sat May 19, 2018 8:43 pm

Will certainly try to be ready when the new samsung horticultural range arrives. Leaves a moment to collect friends into a group buy :)
Are you talking about the new H-serie?
unkle_psycho
LED Wizard
LED Wizard
Reactions:

I think it was called flux or something, but there were some older similarly named strips with a lower lm/w... Need to check. They already had them listed at digikey.

I think H-series is older, I think this new one is like a q-series with lots of diodes...

But would be even more interested when stuff starts coming out with samsungs new red monos :) I Imagine they will be a lot cheaper then cree
sdfoster22
LED Maniac
LED Maniac
Reactions:

It is called the h influx series.
NothinYet is my nickname