Hydro System Recommendations

When no other category makes sense.
majorana
LED Maniac
LED Maniac
Reactions:

Hyakutak wrote:
Wed Jul 25, 2018 10:35 am
Okay! I just ordered a blumat kit some days ago. Did some of you test the maxi version? I took both, but maybe the maxi version will perform better in a bigger pot. But I'm seeing all of you recommending coco & I'm growing in biobizz soil. Will test & see the results!
I'm guessing that with soil the drip rate will be slower, but given that's the intended use of Blumats I'm sure it'll work just fine. I've used the regulars with pots of up to 17L in volume, and as far as I can recall they can handle up to 25L. (Don't trust my memory.) I also started with the kit, and then after the initial set-up ended up ordering extra and duplicate parts. Those extra valves and rez adapters proved to be very useful when I decided to expand rez capacity to multiple tanks and go on vacation.
Hyakutak
LED Lover
LED Lover
Reactions:

Thank you!

I just want to add that I just contacted Biobizz, and they just tell me that their organic nutrients can't survive in a tank more than 2 days:
Unfortunately, you cannot mix Bio·Grow and Bio·Bloom in a tank and leave them for more than a day or two. The organic nutrients will decompose causing unstable pH and hindering the nutrient absorption. You need to do you mixes just before you are going to apply them. So maybe you can build your automatic watering system and just add the nutrients manually 2-3 times a week. You will have to experiment and see what works for you ;)
So be careful if you plan using an automated watering system with organic nutrients.
slayking0113
LED Enthusiast
LED Enthusiast
Reactions:

I think the light from the Marshydro is very goodddd!!!!
Marine2143
LED Maniac
LED Maniac
Reactions:

Low
Nuggie
LED Maniac
LED Maniac
Reactions:

I made an auto watering system out of pvc pipe, threaded end caps, a couple of brass fittings, some tubing and a rubber tote to hold the water above the plants for gravity drain. To get the drip, lol, I rotate the threaded end caps until I get the desired drip rate. Use only filtered rainwater or distilled water as hard water buildup will cause problems over the long haul.

Total cost was $37 Canadian without the tote.

Count the drips that occur in one minute, multiply by 1440 minutes per day to get drops per day and put into a calculator to convert drops to millilitres.

https://www.unitconverters.net/volume/d ... iliter.htm

Video of setup:

If your aunt had balls she'd be your uncle.
0 to 220
LED Lover
LED Lover
Reactions:

Nuggie wrote:
Tue Sep 17, 2019 3:47 am
I made an auto watering system out of pvc pipe,
Love it! Great job.
Brandonceall
LED-Curious
LED-Curious
Reactions:

How big should the plant be before I transfer it to the hydro system? I have some whose roots are just beginning to poke through the outside of the rockwool cube. The plants are just beginning to show their real leaves.

Joe