Anybody in Europe for a bulk purchase?

When no other category makes sense.
unkle_psycho
LED Wizard
LED Wizard
Reactions:

Did anyone get any clarity on alibaba suppliers?
"Nothing is true, everything is permitted"
alreaaaa
LED-Curious
LED-Curious
Reactions:

Well there are a lot of alibaba suppliers mate .. kingbrite always seem to come back, depends where you buy from and what; I always rathered get stuff from US or EU stores.
majorana
LED Maniac
LED Maniac
Reactions:

unkle_psycho wrote:
Tue May 01, 2018 12:02 pm
Did anyone get any clarity on alibaba suppliers?
Kingbrite get a thumbs up from me, but they only do COBs. For high-efficiency mid-power SMDs (i.e., Samsung LM561c or LM301b) my review for Mufue is extremely negative: it starts with no respect for delivery time, and continues with inferior components and build quality. I have no actual experience with other suppliers that prints PCBs with Samsung diodes.
unkle_psycho
LED Wizard
LED Wizard
Reactions:

Does kingbrite have those small qb's that don't need much heatsinking? How much did you save going east?
majorana
LED Maniac
LED Maniac
Reactions:

unkle_psycho wrote:
Wed May 02, 2018 10:24 am
Does kingbrite have those small qb's that don't need much heatsinking? How much did you save going east?
Last time I checked Kingbrite doesn't deal with Samsung chips. Contact them if you'd like.

As for heat dissipation, that varies greatly. The HLG QBs only require a heatsink if driven beyond a certain point (which most prefer to pass), whereas COBs effectively always need a heatsink. When buying a knockoff it's harder to tell: if it's built to specification then you can trust to run it softly without a heatsink, but if the actual item contains less copper or has less efficient diodes (i.e., not the ones you paid for) heat will build up and become a problem.

I ended up paying $1.05/W for LEDs+drivers, once factoring in also all shipping and customs (the latter are 30% where I'm at.) I regret, however anything I might have "saved", as I was screwed over by Roget, the salesperson of Mufue.
unkle_psycho
LED Wizard
LED Wizard
Reactions:

Is he the guy who was passing lm561b's as C's?
majorana
LED Maniac
LED Maniac
Reactions:

unkle_psycho wrote:
Wed May 02, 2018 12:19 pm
Is he the guy who was passing lm561b's as C's?
They were supposed to be LM561C, but I'd consider myself lucky if they're even LM561B+...
unkle_psycho
LED Wizard
LED Wizard
Reactions:

Ive been so on the fence, spent a lot of time on alibaba, but finally I decided that if I'm studying how to grow veggies with low light, I must be sure about the specs, so I really know how many lm I'm getting for my watt, and I'll be better able to use my knowledge in commercial applications... I do love to save money though, and Europe is a hard place to buy anything. Especially Finland with our 5mil population.
Hyakutak
LED Lover
LED Lover
Reactions:

I'm preparing a bulk order for the middle of the month (Switzerland), I still don't know how much & what. But it should be Q strip or F strip. I should get the Q at 14$ / strip (4 foot) and the F (4 foot / 2 row) at 40$ / strip.

Update, maybe I'm interested in the VESTA strip, I need to take some time to analyze them. Right now I'm waiting for my quantum meter. Should be here on Monday.

But I'm also bulk ordering:

Heatsink in china. 18$ / piece for some big 1200mm boy:

600 W MeanWell driver from tme.eu @ 150 usd / driver.

& 300-500 660 nm cree led from rapideled. Haven't asked for bulk price yet.

We can arrange a bulk order if you want.
tazztone
LED Lover
LED Lover
Reactions:

which seller from alibaba are you planning on ordering from? sea or air shipping?