Trying to build a UV exposure box for Platinum Printing photography

When no other category makes sense.
modshot
LED-Curious
LED-Curious
Reactions:

I've been reading/watching the great content here for my gardening needs and I'm going to do my first DIY LED build for the garden shortly. But, I'd also like to look into building a LED exposure box for my photography. I know they can be built using LED Black light strips/ribbon, but the coating yellow over time, but hope that there are board or strip option I could use. And after reading about how powerful grow lights can be, I'm hoping I could build a box that would also have shorter exposure times.

The UV range I would need to target is around 350nm to 420nm, about the range of BL, BLB, Aqua, or Super Actinic fluorescent bulbs. Here's a link to an in depth explanation that does a better job than I could here.

https://sandykingphotography.com/resour ... r-printing

I'm still wrapping my head around building and driving LED lights, but I'd like know if this would be doable.

Thanks
unkle_psycho
LED Wizard
LED Wizard
Reactions:

I think most of the LED related UV products will be frequency specific, rather then cover such a large range. I imagine you would have to use discrete diodes, so it would take a bit of work and cost quite a lot. MAybe? I think cutter has UV strips, that might be one place to have a look for starters.
"Nothing is true, everything is permitted"
modshot
LED-Curious
LED-Curious
Reactions:

Thanks for the info! I have friends who have made these with the waterproof ribbons designed nightclubs and resturants, but the waterproofing yellows over time. I may just stick to T5s 0r T8s, which is fine, just longer exposure times.

Russell