Any one want to go in on an order of the gen 3 3000k 90cri bridgelux strips?

When no other category makes sense.
TEKNIK
LED Wizard
LED Wizard
Reactions:

One thing I should mention to you guys using Bridgelux in the future, I tested up the new Cree 2835 LEDs a bit over a week ago.
They came in very efficient, I know Cutter plans to produce strips using these and they will likely work out cheaper and easier to build with overall compared to using Bridgelux.
I am not sure when the LEDs will be in mass production but it shouldn't be far away, no doubt a CRI90 version will be available once they are in mass production.
The cutter strips will be more expensive than bridgelux per 2 ft length but you can drive them 2X harder, this means less strips, less cables and connectors ect.
I will show the test reports once they are in production and also hopefully I will have some bridgelux test reports to compare them to.
Find me on Instagram led_teknik
TEKNIK
LED Wizard
LED Wizard
Reactions:

Screenshot_20200127-122820_Drive.jpg
I do not think these LEDs have been released yet but they should be soon.
Nuggie
LED Maniac
LED Maniac
Reactions:

TEKNIK wrote:
Sun Jan 26, 2020 11:42 pm
The cost of the gen3 2tf strips for 500pcs is $2500, I don't know how you can save $4000
Your saying that the gen 3 2ft strips come in at $5 per....? The price on digikey is 13.70 cdn per for the 80cri, you must be getting a real discount south of the border. I can find vestas, just bought 40 of them last week.

I haven't seen the gen 3's for sale. Much awaited hype but it's all fairies and unicorns if you can't get your hands on them.

What's the approx.cost of the cutters? Voltage and max current? I'd like to evaluate with electric costs, but they need to be readily available and cost effective by mid summer.
If your aunt had balls she'd be your uncle.
TEKNIK
LED Wizard
LED Wizard
Reactions:

Try using Octopart when it comes to big orders as it searches most distributors, Price drops quickly when placing orders of 100pcs
I am not sure on the cost of Cuttters, they havent made them yet and I do not know the price of the Cree leds, I only know they are alot cheaper than samsung and Nichia.

I think I saw somewhere that they maybe available by March
@Welight
RadRiverOtter
LED Enthusiast
LED Enthusiast
Reactions:

Wish I saw this sooner. Are you still thinking about ordering? I just impulse ordered some 80 cri gen 3 strips (3k+4k) to try them out. If I like them I was going to double down. Only looking for a dozen though. Could probably be persuaded to order more.
Swamp botanist by day... Bedroom botanist by night.
Labgrown
LED Enthusiast
LED Enthusiast
Reactions:

TEKNIK wrote:
Mon Jan 27, 2020 12:47 am
I know Cutter plans to produce strips using these and they will likely work out cheaper and easier to build with overall compared to using Bridgelux.....
The cutter strips will be more expensive than bridgelux per 2 ft length but you can drive them 2X harder, this means less strips, less cables and connectors ect.
I will show the test reports once they are in production and also hopefully I will have some bridgelux test reports to compare them to.
Sounds great, but I'm not interested in dealing with Customs unfortunately.