Forum Wishlist and Feedback Thread

Forum announcements.
LEDG
Site Admin
Reactions:

Hello everyone,

I've been receiving requests for different functionality via PM lately and I think it'd be best to just start a thread where people can post their requests directly, so here it is.

Here's the current list of requests being looked into:

- Addition of a "mentions" system in which you can tag users with an @ symbol, which will trigger a notification for them. I've found an extension that should do this and will try to implement it in the next maintenance session.

- Changing the way images are uploaded in batches so you get thumbnails rather than a filename. Haven't looked into this one yet but I'll see what our options are.

- Stripping EXIF location data from pictures. Like rollitup and other forums, PHPBB does not strip location data from uploaded pictures. Not all devices attach this data by default but it'd still be nice to find a way to account for this. I'm trying to figure out how this can be done but have not yet found a way. For now, I will add a warning to check that your pictures are not tagged with the location they were taken. This can be disabled in the device that took the pic, or stripped on your comp/phone afterwards.

Feel free to add to this list with anything you'd like to see. I also welcome feedback on the structure of the forum categories and if you think it can be arranged in a better way, I'd like to hear it.
Want to Support the Site?

Use this Amazon referral link and any purchase you make within 24 hrs will earn LEDgardener a commission at no cost to you!
Frank Cannon
LED Enthusiast
LED Enthusiast
Reactions:

1 thing thats a bit funny is sometimes landscape photos load out 90 degrees and are orientated in portrait.

It would be nice to be able to post pics full width of page so we don't have to click on them to enlarge.

Ta ta
FC
LEDG
Site Admin
Reactions:

Frank Cannon wrote:
Tue Jun 25, 2019 1:35 pm
1 thing thats a bit funny is sometimes landscape photos load out 90 degrees and are orientated in portrait.

It would be nice to be able to post pics full width of page so we don't have to click on them to enlarge.

Ta ta
FC
I’ve seen the orientation thing happen a couple times - I’ll try and figure out what’s up with that. Full res pics slow things down a lot and makes threads with a lot of pictures pretty much unreadable. It might be an option with a better hosting service/package but I’d have to figure out a way to cover that cost.

Use this Amazon referral link and any purchase you make within 24 hrs will earn LEDgardener a commission at no cost to you!
ATPinMotion
LED Lover
LED Lover
Reactions:

Maybe some rules/permissions to slow down the spam bots.

Not sure what to suggest short of new members must post an introduction and be approved as legitimate members before they are allowed to create new topics?

Or just limit members to 5 new topics per hour?

This last spam attack is fuuuugly!
Run 'em soft
LEDG
Site Admin
Reactions:

ATPinMotion wrote:
Fri Jun 28, 2019 10:53 pm
Maybe some rules/permissions to slow down the spam bots.

Not sure what to suggest short of new members must post an introduction and be approved as legitimate members before they are allowed to create new topics?

Or just limit members to 5 new topics per hour?

This last spam attack is fuuuugly!
I've got an idea for this. Thank you for your suggestion.

Frank Cannon
LED Enthusiast
LED Enthusiast
Reactions:

Now about that avatar size, it really is quite difficult to know who is posting what, can we get it bumped up to a decent size?
Cheers FC
LEDG
Site Admin
Reactions:

Frank Cannon wrote:
Sat Jun 29, 2019 2:16 pm
Now about that avatar size, it really is quite difficult to know who is posting what, can we get it bumped up to a decent size?
Cheers FC
I looked into it, and have increased the max dimension and file size of avatars, according to best practises for this particular board software. You’d be surprised at how small of a file size is recommended in order to keep load times down. You will have to upload a new avatar for this to take effect. Give it a try and let me know what you think.