06-29-19 Forum Updates and Additions

Forum announcements.
LEDG
Site Admin
Reactions:

@Or_Gro

Let’s see here....
Want to Support the Site?

Use this Amazon referral link and any purchase you make within 24 hrs will earn LEDgardener a commission at no cost to you!
LEDG
Site Admin
Reactions:

I’m guessing you have to quote them for the problem to occur. This a test.

Use this Amazon referral link and any purchase you make within 24 hrs will earn LEDgardener a commission at no cost to you!
LEDG
Site Admin
Reactions:

LEDG wrote:
Tue Jul 09, 2019 3:42 pm
@Or_Gro

Let’s see here....
Test 2

Or_Gro
LED Maniac
LED Maniac
Reactions:

LEDG wrote:
Tue Jul 09, 2019 3:44 pm
Yep, happens when i quote something that contains my original tag....
LEDG
Site Admin
Reactions:

Or_Gro wrote:
Tue Jul 09, 2019 3:47 pm
LEDG wrote:
Like I’ve done above?

Or_Gro
LED Maniac
LED Maniac
Reactions:

Since @Frank Cannon opened up the pandora’s whining box....

Two things you might consider:
Create a support section where whiners like the kiwi can complain about the system....

Seeing if software company has an option/workaround that enables viewing of uploaded pics rather than useless code numbers. I really like the ability to select and upload multiple pics, but with this software you can’t see what you’ve uploaded, so the capability is defeated if there is a particular order in which you want to insert the pics in a post.
Or_Gro
LED Maniac
LED Maniac
Reactions:

LEDG wrote:
Tue Jul 09, 2019 3:54 pm
Or_Gro wrote:
Tue Jul 09, 2019 3:47 pm
LEDG wrote:
Like I’ve done above?
Not sure what you mean...my prob is that the tagging thingy won’t go away, and annoyingly wants to insert the tag instead of what i am typing....it sometimes stops doing it after switching to another thread, then coming back and requoting the offending message...
Frank Cannon
LED Enthusiast
LED Enthusiast
Reactions:

@Or_Gro
It looks like the tagging part is working for me now, not sure if I was just not patient enough to wait for the tag to come up or not.

I'm off to whine to the wife its time for a cocktail while you get to the bottom of OGs issue.

Thanks
LEDG
Site Admin
Reactions:

Or_Gro wrote:
Tue Jul 09, 2019 4:03 pm
Since @Frank Cannon opened up the pandora’s whining box....

Two things you might consider:
Create a support section where whiners like the kiwi can complain about the system....

Seeing if software company has an option/workaround that enables viewing of uploaded pics rather than useless code numbers. I really like the ability to select and upload multiple pics, but with this software you can’t see what you’ve uploaded, so the capability is defeated if there is a particular order in which you want to insert the pics in a post.
This is a surprisingly difficult modification. I found one extension from a prior version of the software but all the documentation is in russian.

LEDG
Site Admin
Reactions:

TEKNIK wrote:
Mon Jul 08, 2019 10:38 pm
Question for LedG, is it possible on the next update that quotes are not quoted in full, the few first lines of a quote should be enough with an option to click and expand. This will save on the amount of pages threads are expanded to.
I have stopped quoting anything that contains pictures because it is making threads so long.

Cheers
I’m not seeing an option or extension for this either. The easiest workaround for this would be just to edit the quoted section when you reply and keep the pertinent info.