Updates and Theme Changes 05-15-2020

Forum announcements.
ganjah
LED Enthusiast
LED Enthusiast
Reactions:

LEDG wrote:
Fri May 15, 2020 7:09 am
  • I've noticed a bug where you cannot delete multiple PMs. Until this gets patched, as a workaround, you have to go into each one and delete it individually.
Hey man, I was looking at this and realized I can't delete PMs individually either. I can't delete any PMs. phpbb updates aren't as thoroughly tested as they used to be. Oh well.

I don't know if people are running out of PM space, but if so, you might increase the PM limits to 1000 or something per box instead of the base 50 message limit. I don't think it puts much more load on the server.
LEDG
Site Admin
Reactions:

ganjah wrote:
Sun May 17, 2020 2:41 pm
LEDG wrote:
Fri May 15, 2020 7:09 am
  • I've noticed a bug where you cannot delete multiple PMs. Until this gets patched, as a workaround, you have to go into each one and delete it individually.
Hey man, I was looking at this and realized I can't delete PMs individually either. I can't delete any PMs. phpbb updates aren't as thoroughly tested as they used to be. Oh well.

I don't know if people are running out of PM space, but if so, you might increase the PM limits to 1000 or something per box instead of the base 50 message limit. I don't think it puts much more load on the server.
Sounds like you’ve got some experience with the software.

I bumped up the limit, but here’s how I was able to delete a message anyway from within the PM:
Attachments
0A981E59-9023-43FE-B770-2A854273ABBC.jpeg
Want to Support the Site?

Use this Amazon referral link and any purchase you make within 24 hrs will earn LEDgardener a commission at no cost to you!
ganjah
LED Enthusiast
LED Enthusiast
Reactions:

Thanks, I was only looking from the summary view at the folder level and not within the PMs themselves. That helps.
LEDG
Site Admin
Reactions:

Spambots are having a much more difficult time getting through registration after a few tweaks so I’m going to try relaxing the first post approval requirement for new users. This will allow new user posts to go live right away rather than having to wait for mod approval.

If spam starts to come through, please report the post or topic if you see it and we’ll try to remove it as quickly as possible. If it becomes a problem, we’ll revert or change the anti-spam measures.
Want to Support the Site?

Use this Amazon referral link and any purchase you make within 24 hrs will earn LEDgardener a commission at no cost to you!