Help Me Organize This Place!

Forum announcements.
LEDG
Site Admin
Reactions:

Hey guys,

I've been trying to think of ways to get more traffic in the forum over the past few weeks and just received a kick in the ass from Bvolt with a great suggestion - we should do a giveaway of some sort. Bvolt has generously offered to even donate to the cause, which blew me away, but I've got plenty of stuff that I can offer up myself and might even be able to get a few goodies from some vendors.

The main reason I haven't moved forward with something like this yet is that I want to REALLY nail down the different forums/categories and general organization before I try to promote this place harder.

That being said, what do you guys think of the current organization? What would you do differently? I feel as though there is some overlap between the "Get Help" section and the "Build/Discussion" section, and I could either simplify things by combining them somehow, or I could change them to make them more different from one another.

Your thoughts and suggestions would be highly appreciated!
Want to Support the Site?

Use this Amazon referral link and any purchase you make within 24 hrs will earn LEDgardener a commission at no cost to you!
LEDG
Site Admin
Reactions:

I've just made some changes to eliminate some overlap between categories and forums. I think the simpler we can make it, the better. Hopefully there will be less confusion as to where to post things now.

Use this Amazon referral link and any purchase you make within 24 hrs will earn LEDgardener a commission at no cost to you!
LEDG
Site Admin
Reactions:

I'm still experimenting with categories and forums. I've just added a forum for control/monitoring/automation. If you can't find a recent thread of yours, check this new location.

charsi
LED-Curious
LED-Curious
Reactions:

google led(!) me here when i was searching for cobs and driver configuration, your driver selection tool helped me figure things out but then in your reply you made me aware of quantum boards............reading up more on this forum i realized that lm561 was the way to go for me ( heat issues ).....now i have shit loads of rigid strips and reels coming in , would love to give back to the forum/members so you can count me in for the give away...I am sure in a week or two I will have gotten some pcbs printed and populated.
LEDG
Site Admin
Reactions:

Hey man, that’s really cool of you! So you’re going to be building rigid strip lights as well as having boards built?