New to Automation, not to gardening

New? Say hi!
Gumbo
LED-Curious
LED-Curious
Reactions:

YO!

Caught wind of LEDG on youtube and have watched every vid. I've always wanted to get into home automation and have never found anything that explains it like LEDG. Thanks!

I'm an experienced gardener and have been growing exotic peppers and tomatoes outside for a while. I recently picked up an aeroponics setup and want to automate it, especially since short cycle timers are so expensive. Looking forward to growing indoors through the winter and such.

I had a Rasp Pi 3 hanging around and have always wanted to learn to automate simple relays at my house. I got HA installed and followed all the steps in the first three vids of LEDG and have successfully been able to control a relay from my phone. Neat! Next step will be to figure out how to program logic for the GPIOs on my pi so I can cycle the pump for 5 sec on/20 min off. I see that you guys use ESP32 boards to do your controlling, so looking forward to LEDG helping out in the future vids. I'm ready for the next steps!

Tons of questions and looking forward to diving into it all further as I build out my setup. Thanks for the help so far LEDG.
LEDG
Site Admin
Reactions:

Hey, that's awesome!

It makes me happy to hear that people are successfully following the videos thus far, even though a lot has changed in Home Assistant since I posted them already. I'm eager to continue the series, though time is in very short supply for me right now due to some personal factors. I just received some parts, including a new ESP32, for some new content though, so hang tight.

Thanks for joining!
Want to Support the Site?

Use this Amazon referral link and any purchase you make within 24 hrs will earn LEDgardener a commission at no cost to you!
Gumbo
LED-Curious
LED-Curious
Reactions:

Do you have an updated affiliate link to the ESP32's you're using? The ones on your youtube are no longer available. I'm going to try and order my stuff attached to your affiliate links to help out as much as I can.
LEDG
Site Admin
Reactions:

Thank you.

So long as you follow any of those links to Amazon, it doesn’t matter what you actually purchase if you buy it within 24 hours (or however long it is) of visiting amazon via that link.
Want to Support the Site?

Use this Amazon referral link and any purchase you make within 24 hrs will earn LEDgardener a commission at no cost to you!