Hello All

New? Say hi!
Gatordog
LED-Curious
LED-Curious
Reactions:

I have been larking and searching for an informative and NO HATE forum for over two years now and thanks to a post on RIU,
here I am. This is my first post anywhere ever and I am new to inside growing. I am planing on using a 20' shipping container with 12' of it for flowering.
Tx for being here, GD :D
FarmerLinus
LED-Curious
LED-Curious
Reactions:

Gatordog wrote:
Tue Aug 07, 2018 3:27 pm
I have been larking and searching for an informative and NO HATE forum for over two years now and thanks to a post on RIU,
here I am. This is my first post anywhere ever and I am new to inside growing. I am planing on using a 20' shipping container with 12' of it for flowering.
Tx for being here, GD :D
Welcome! I’m new here too. I am pretty new to indoor growing as well and have made my own led light fixtures for some vertical hydroponic veggies. It saved me tons of money to get the same coverage as I do with my customs. Prob over 50-60% savings compared to preassembles light fixtures. I thought about expanding into a shipping container when I get all the kinks figured out. How much did that run you?
Gatordog
LED-Curious
LED-Curious
Reactions:

I have found shipping containers ranging from $1800 - $3200 depending on condition + transportation to your location. Transport can be accomplished with a roll-on / roll-off like a car hauler and can be set on wood or concrete as a foundation at the front and back. I own 2 and plan on growing in 1 and a shop in the other both with split inverter A/C unites.
Hope this helps,
Be safe, GD
FarmerLinus
LED-Curious
LED-Curious
Reactions:

That seems pretty affordable! How does the climate work? What do you plan on using for lighting?

Farmer Linus
Gatordog
LED-Curious
LED-Curious
Reactions:

FarmerLinus wrote:
Wed Aug 08, 2018 2:39 am
That seems pretty affordable! How does the climate work? What do you plan on using for lighting?

Farmer Linus
The climate will be controlled with a split A/C unite and a de-hui and the inside walls insulated. out side average temp, year round, is 82F +/- 10F

As far as lights go--- LED of some sort of course.
Maybe these
COB - Copy.PNG

GD
FarmerLinus
LED-Curious
LED-Curious
Reactions:

Nice I like the sound of your set up. I haven’t seen those before. Do you have a link or a spectrometry report to show wavelengths of that diode?

Farmer Linus