Greetings light enthusiasts! Noob alert! Looking for resources and info

New? Say hi!
DustinH
LED-Curious
LED-Curious
Reactions:

Hello!

My name is Dustin. I'm by no means a professional who relies on quality lights but I'm ready to learn to build or assemble a grow light!

I stumbled across is forum searching for very high CRI LED lights. There was a thread mentioning Optisolis strips, but it seems most of the posts were deleted or something.

I'm looking for some very high CRI strips(flex or rigid will both work) because I'm going to start growing plants indoors and I want to run an experiment with a typical grow light setup vs a full spectrum bulb supplemented by some separate far red and uv strips or modules. I lack a lot of the knowledge for spec-ing out exactly what I want and I don't know everything that's needed such as drivers/heat sinks/power supply/etc, but I'm willing to learn.

I'd like to say that I haven't built any custom lights or anything before, but over time it feels more and more like that's a good option for my specific scenariowhere I want to see how LED light that more closelymatches real sunlight fares, so I've got some learning to do!

Looking forward to learning from this forum,
Dustin