Opening a Meanwell HLG Series Driver

Discuss garden automation systems and software here, including commercial products or Raspberry Pi and Arduino DIY setups.
WifWaf
LED-Curious
LED-Curious
Reactions:

Hey all,

Apologies if this has been asked before....

I've been thinking about replacing the potentiometers in my HLG-185H-24A drivers with digital ones for automation. However, I tried to remove the upper shell a few weeks back after removing the screws (though not the machined punched? ones underneath), and although applying a reasonable amount of pressure, it was not enough to cause any movement.

Has anyone repaired/modified a H series meanwell driver (assuming they are all similar in design here) and know the best way to go about this?

As the drivers are rated IP65, I really don't want to damage any internal materials...seems a waste of warranty if modification is not possible too.

Thanks very much in advance!
LEDG
Site Admin
Reactions:

I ruined one of my drivers trying to get into it. There is thick black rubber on the inside and it's really nasty to try and separate the shell. I wasn't able to even get it, despite practically destroying the case.
Want to Support the Site?

Use this Amazon referral link and any purchase you make within 24 hrs will earn LEDgardener a commission at no cost to you!
WifWaf
LED-Curious
LED-Curious
Reactions:

Oh really?? Argh lol, we'll I'm glad I never got around to forcing it open..

Guess I'll have to approach it another way, thanks for the info and saving my driver the same fate. :)