Bluelab PH Probe

Discuss garden automation systems and software here, including commercial products or Raspberry Pi and Arduino DIY setups.
kunkgrow
LED Enthusiast
LED Enthusiast
Reactions:

Where u guys buying the replacement probes from? I'm reading all sorts of horror stories.
I've seen multiple reports online from uses receiving the probe damaged from the lack of storage solution during shipping or even too old stock manufacturing date etc...
And BlueLAb is only offering the warranty from the manufacturing date not actual purchasing.
I'm worried buying from amazon for example. Anyone with experience?
Hydrofood
LED Lover
LED Lover
Reactions:

Do you not buy from amazon much?

Anything you buy with amazon prime has a zero risk no questions asked return policy.
If you get a bad one that’s dry without solution, they will send you label to ship it back. Easy peasy.
unkle_psycho
LED Wizard
LED Wizard
Reactions:

Can't imagine local sellers getting away with that here in Scandinavia... the consumer protection agencies would sue them on your behalf.

I was surprised how little liquid there was when I got my bluelab kit. weired place to save money.
"Nothing is true, everything is permitted"
Hydrofood
LED Lover
LED Lover
Reactions:

unkle_psycho wrote:
Tue Jan 22, 2019 12:30 am
Can't imagine local sellers getting away with that here in Scandinavia... the consumer protection agencies would sue them on your behalf.

I was surprised how little liquid there was when I got my bluelab kit. weired place to save money.
IDK what the issue is really with OP.
They Sound more paranoid than anything.

Amazon literally has a zero questions asked return policy, it’s thru amazon, not blueLab.

blueLab warrenty is based on purchase date, not manufacture date.
And if you buy from a local hydro store, open the box up and make sure it’s all good.

From there, if it’s unable to be calibrated, than contact bluelab. Easy peasy.

I quoted you Uncle but this is mostly meant for OP.

I agree with you tho Uncle, I have both combo meter and the pen. My pen arrived all salty crusty from evaporation because it’s not a watertight seal. This is pretty common.

My combo meter however, has a water tight gasket so it was full when I received it.
QuantumMechanic
LED-Curious
LED-Curious
Reactions:

I use a Bluelab combo meter and have had to replace the probe once when I smacked the tip against something. The replacement probe from the local hydro store was fine.
Hydrofood
LED Lover
LED Lover
Reactions:

Yea that’s pretty common. They are delicate.
Should be replaced every year or so if in constant use.
Professor Xavier
LED Lover
LED Lover
Reactions:

https://www.getbluelab.com/shop/By+Cate ... robe-.html
The new Leap pen looks like a nifty new product. Let's you put the pen into any substrate and seems a bit tougher than my fragile glass pH probe on my blue lab combo meter. I emailed and got confirmation that the new Leap pen works as a replacement pH probe..