Timer/Switch for 16/2 light cycle?

Discuss garden automation systems and software here, including commercial products or Raspberry Pi and Arduino DIY setups.
violenzo
LED Enthusiast
LED Enthusiast
Reactions:

Hi guys, i'm searching the net for a timer that could do a 16/2 light cycle. Just 16 hours of light and 2 hours of darkness. Is it possible? An hourly timer does exists? Have a nice day.
Jolly Green Giant
LED Wizard
LED Wizard
Reactions:

good question... I know I have a timer I bought for my aeroponic set up a few years back... that you could set for so many seconds/minutes/hours on, then seconds/minutes/hours off... but I only think it went to 4-6hr max..

I went and dug out the box is what I got.. you can set it to 15 seconds to 13 hours on.. and 15 seconds to 13 hours off... it's almost what your looking for..

let me dig some more... šŸ˜ maybe I'll see a 16 or 18 on / off "adjustable recycling timer" ( key words I used to find mine)
violenzo
LED Enthusiast
LED Enthusiast
Reactions:

Thanks JGG, i'm gonna dig too with your directives, i asked this question at the growshop and they said: "whaaat?" ahah i'm a kind of experimenter (i don't know if is a word in english). I noticed that many of my auto strains after 16 hours of cob are a little bit stressed, maybe just too much wattage but it's 31w for sq ft and the distance is perfect (or maybe just a coincidence in my last 2 grows). So i'd like to try this kind of light cycle, side by side with a 18 hours of pure cobs and 6 hours of 6000k and 660 nm ad 1/4 of the cobs wattage (try to simulate the sun in northern emisphere when is never going down). I know, keep it simple..but for me it's very funny to mess with light cycles, nutrients, types of lst..ahah..have a nice weekend.
infosponge
LED Enthusiast
LED Enthusiast
Reactions:

The simple Sonoff's should work, you can get 6 off Amazon for about $36. They work great for me, I run a regular schedule but they have a loop timer function, I think that could cycle them on 16 and then off 2