Programmable 0-10V dimmer

Discuss garden automation systems and software here, including commercial products or Raspberry Pi and Arduino DIY setups.
unkle_psycho
LED Wizard
LED Wizard
Reactions:

Wonder why digikey does not carry them...
"Nothing is true, everything is permitted"
TEKNIK
LED Wizard
LED Wizard
Reactions:

Next week I will be having a meeting with inventronics, if you have any questions for them post here and I will get the answers
Find me on Instagram led_teknik
Nuggie
LED Maniac
LED Maniac
Reactions:

unkle_psycho wrote:
Sun Jun 02, 2019 3:38 pm
Not sure, they should as they would give meanwell a run for their money in features. Not sure about longevity.

Teknik are you talking with Breanna or Landon?
If your aunt had balls she'd be your uncle.
TEKNIK
LED Wizard
LED Wizard
Reactions:

Nuggie wrote:
Mon Jun 03, 2019 3:27 am
unkle_psycho wrote:
Sun Jun 02, 2019 3:38 pm
Not sure, they should as they would give meanwell a run for their money in features. Not sure about longevity.

Teknik are you talking with Breanna or Landon?
Gene King, he is the CEO. I'm not sure they can price compete with meanwell, no problems with quality though. Meanwell used to be terrible quality and have only gotten better in the past 5 years. About 8 years ago if you supplied a meanwell driver to an important job the installers would nearly throw it at you because of how unreliable they were, that has changed now though
Nuggie
LED Maniac
LED Maniac
Reactions:

The electrical engineers at the companies I worked for always specified Meanwell drivers in oilfield equipment specifically for reliability. Needed to be class 1 div 2, good to -50C and shock resistant, they were and are put in some severe service environments. Its interesting to hear of your account otherwise, its probably like the ford vs chev debate, they'll both get the job done and its what people are familiar with.
If your aunt had balls she'd be your uncle.
TEKNIK
LED Wizard
LED Wizard
Reactions:

One issue meanwell still has and also many other driver companies is a high inrush current. They really should set things up for a soft start, I know a lot of the Philips drivers have soft start.
JayKell
LED Enthusiast
LED Enthusiast
Reactions:

TEKNIK wrote:
Tue Jun 04, 2019 9:22 pm
One issue meanwell still has and also many other driver companies is a high inrush current. They really should set things up for a soft start, I know a lot of the Philips drivers have soft start.
This is exactly why I bought a tc-420 dimmer. One of the strong reasons anyway. Will run on a 10v power supply for pwm dimming, hopefully just add optocouplers (with any 9-24vdc ps) for 1-10v dimming. If run optocoupler relays as well it should allow me to control dimming and power on/off. Will make a new post when it arrives and I can test it out...
JohnWhispering
LED-Curious
LED-Curious
Reactions:

thanks for sharing this information
FinPerlak
LED-Curious
LED-Curious
Reactions:

Hello....You can try the Corallux Storm controller with 10v converter.
The problem with the Chinese units is the drivers aren't meant to ramp up/down quickly. The internal guts (capacitors / resistors) are cheap. They don't discharge fast enough to get the effect you're after.

Best bet is replace the drivers with meanwell drivers meant for dimmable LEDs and tie a controller into that.

order pcb assembly