Coralux Storm controller Custom Firmware

Discuss garden automation systems and software here, including commercial products or Raspberry Pi and Arduino DIY setups.
kunkgrow
LED Enthusiast
LED Enthusiast
Reactions:

Hello fellows!

Has anyone aver tried to write custom firmware for the Coralux Storm controller?

I wanted to do custom ramp up and down times for each channel for example to make the Far Reds channel only com ON 15 mins after lights off.

I wrote to Coralux and they said it is possible by writing a custom firmware. I have no idea how to pul this off..
majorana
LED Maniac
LED Maniac
Reactions:

Looks a lot like a par of the project I'm fantasizing about. I didn't know of Coralux before, but looks like they built around the same core. I got in touch with a couple of Python programmers with Raspberry Pi/Arduino experience and am in the process of getting quotes. (And figuring out how to pay them.)
bvolt
Forum's First Member!
Forum's First Member!
Reactions:

If you have any program language experience, Python is a breeze... very intuitive - lots of "english" (the code is fairly readable).

At least for Arduino, I would think you're going to be programming to react to sensor-input over GPIO (IF/THEN/ELSE) and "API" (or however the Arduino communicates) over Wi-Fi.

So, for example... you have a routine that is polling for new input, if none is entered, it polls again (and again, and again...)

IF (GPIO.1)
then doSomething.1
ELSE IF (GPIO.2)
then doSomething.2
ELSE IF
** for each input-pin a corresponding IF condition **
ELSE (if there was no input)
startOver

That's oversimplifying - but not by much. I've got to pick one of these up, probably best to start with Arduino, as it seems a perfect solution for task-based functions (it does a specific thing (or things) rather than the R-Pi which has pretty much a full blown operating system (like a PC/Mac).

If I'm incorrect (not with syntax, that's strictly a logic example) please set me straight. :)
You might wanna double-check anything you've read here...
Smooth Operator
LED-Curious
LED-Curious
Reactions:

Some advanced stuff!!
LEDG
Site Admin
Reactions:

Bvolt you've gotta get an arduino and put this knowledge to use. We need some experts on this stuff!
Want to Support the Site?

Use this Amazon referral link and any purchase you make within 24 hrs will earn LEDgardener a commission at no cost to you!