Raspberry Pi Camera Module

Discuss garden automation systems and software here, including commercial products or Raspberry Pi and Arduino DIY setups.
Sativant
LED Lover
LED Lover
Reactions:

I set up my android phone webcam to detect motion. There is too much motion in a grow lab. I turned it off. Sound detection too.
Sativant
LED Lover
LED Lover
Reactions:

Grower wrote:
Fri May 25, 2018 10:11 am
I like the idea behind IoT that is why I would like to have a modular network of sensors or many arduinos as clients and a RasPi as a broker/server.
Stealth is a must.
Here are screenshots from my phone for my lab. That's the EWelink app for the Sonoffs. You can see that the garage is cool and humid, the grow lab is hot and relatively (out of vpd territory) dry. Funny how they're the inverse of each other. When conditions are cooler, the Sonoffs turn on and off the vent fan according to temp or humidity.

The other screenshot is what the webcam looks like from my phone when I'm out of wifi range. I have slow, rural internet and upstream speeds don't allow for better quality, but it is enough for my purposes. I can see the temp humidity sensor well enough to read it, and also get data from sensors connected to Sonoff THs. It's a very easy way to get into IOT.

The other component of my ad-hoc automation is Blumats. I have a remote reservoir that I'm currently using for watering. I have little work yet to do on the space, then I will transplant the rest of crop to 3 gallon smart pots and finally install the Blumats system. I can't wait. I've somehow underwatered all of my indoor crops. They're recovering... and the Blumats should help.
Attachments
IMG_1507.jpg
IMG_1508b.jpg
IMG_1510.jpg
IMG_1509.jpg
IMG_1506 copy.jpg
Grower
LED Maniac
LED Maniac
Reactions:

I am using sonoff switches too, I lost a crop due to mold because a mechanical timer stopped working and exhaust fan did not turn on!

I should set up an automatic watering system but this time I would like to use some solenoid valves