HLG-240-36B potentionmeter

Discuss garden automation systems and software here, including commercial products or Raspberry Pi and Arduino DIY setups.
Astralou
LED-Curious
LED-Curious
Reactions:

Hello all,

Hope you're fine,

My project is almost done ! I'll get this driver HLG-240-36B and just need to put the right potentiometer to it:

I have select 100kohm in the filter but don't know other criteria : ( I want be able to run the board at full power if I want to

https://eu.mouser.com/Passive-Component ... ?P=1yzotm4

I don't want to make a mistake, sorry I am very newbie in this stuff.

Thank you very much :roll:
sdfoster22
LED Maniac
LED Maniac
Reactions:

Something like this is what you need. A plain linear taper 100kohm potentiometer. You might want to get some 10k ohm resistors just in case the potentiometer doesn't go to 100%

https://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail/Bo ... HKVQ%3d%3d
NothinYet is my nickname
Astralou
LED-Curious
LED-Curious
Reactions:

Thanks for your return,

What to do with the 10k ohm resistor If i get it ?

I think : When the pot in not wired the drivers turn at 100% so If I install an on/off switch for the pot then I just have to turn off the pot when i don't need it and the driver will automaticly run at full power ? (silly idea ?)
sdfoster22
LED Maniac
LED Maniac
Reactions:

You wire the resistor in series with the potentiometer if the resistance if your potentiometer doesn't actually go to 100k. They range from like 90k-110k at max. It's the luck of the draw.
NothinYet is my nickname
Astralou
LED-Curious
LED-Curious
Reactions:

Hi,

Thanks for your reply,

I've got 2wire from the HLG, and I've got what seems to be 6 slots on the potentiometer, where should I put the 2 wire from the drivers in the pot ?

Thank you very much all
Aolelon
LED Enthusiast
LED Enthusiast
Reactions:

There should only be 3 tabs on the Potentiometer. You would use the first 2 on the left hand side, doesn't matter how you hook them. Can you post a picture of it.
Jolly Green Giant
LED Wizard
LED Wizard
Reactions:

Astralou wrote:
Thu May 31, 2018 11:47 pm
Hi,

Thanks for your reply,

I've got 2wire from the HLG, and I've got what seems to be 6 slots on the potentiometer, where should I put the 2 wire from the drivers in the pot ?

Thank you very much all
ok you got a 6 pole pot.. since I've never tried to hook one up I got a idea... take 2 wires with a terminal connector on it at one end.... and wago/wire nut the other end to the dimming leads.. that way you can try the top row and bottom row before you solder.. push connectors on the poles just don't crimp them.. and try it..

I'm guessing it's top set far left and middle for normal clockwise ( right increase left decrease ) dimming.. I always put negative in the middle.. easier to remember for me.
Astralou
LED-Curious
LED-Curious
Reactions:

Hi,

Thanks for your reply and help,

Well I do my best to understand :), could you look at my drawing and confirm that is what you mean ?
pot wire - Copie.jpg
Thank you :oops: