New POW R2 from Sonoff.

Discuss garden automation systems and software here, including commercial products or Raspberry Pi and Arduino DIY setups.
alienfarts687
LED Lover
LED Lover
Reactions:

garnier wrote:
Sun Jul 29, 2018 2:40 pm
What do you think of this:

https://m.alibaba.com/product/604343335 ... ifications
It might work, but you'd need a ZigBee gateway since it's not WiFi-based like the Sonoffs.
BobDole
LED-Curious
LED-Curious
Reactions:

kunkgrow wrote:
Fri Jun 01, 2018 2:43 pm
Just realized this POW R2 has no default power state when resuming from a power outage.
SO if you use this for controlling your lights, bware, they will stay off when power returns. Which sucks...
This is still a issue that sonoff has not resolved but for those who use this unit as a light timer somewhat of a workaround is to add repeating ON schedules every 3 hours for the hours the light is on(as sonoff software only supports 8 schedules per device).
That way if power drops for some reason the sonoff will turn back on within 3 hours (during the LIGHT ON times).

It's been 3 months, come on now SONOFF get your act together! It's not like you are making this code from scratch as you have it implemented in almost EVERY OTHER PRODUCT, including your POW R1! This would take one of your coders like 15 mins or less to copy the code from the R1 and drop it in the R2 ?
Kiwi_Jezza
LED Enthusiast
LED Enthusiast
Reactions:

Necro thread dig - but Sonoff POW R2 now has the option to keep the power state the same after a loss of power.
They are clever little devices for managing fans and lights easily.
garnier
LED Enthusiast
LED Enthusiast
Reactions:

Bunch of sonoffs ordered.
After they come in, every little device in the room will get one. This way I can full automate / control everything.

Still not sure if yes/no flash Tasmota.

Some people saying that tasmota makes it better, but how?

I kind of like ewelink app and all the devices can respond to the situations that happens on another devices...
Eg: if temp >= 25°C turn the fan on
if temp >= 26°C turn the fan2 on
If temp >= 30°C turn light3 off

Sadly it's not doing very well with dehumidifier...

If I set dehumidifier to turn on if th16 reads >=55RHD it usually kick in and does run about one minute and then turn off.
After one more minute it kicks back in and keep going like that. This is caused due to dehumidifier only needs one minute ( or less ) to sort humidity out to desired value.
But it only takes one more minute to humidity increase again...

The thing is that it's quite annoying to hear it going on and off all the time and I don't think it's good for dehumidifier to work like that... on/off all the time...

If I could set it to let's say:

If humidity >= 50RHD then run dehumidifier for 5 minutes.

And I mean 5 minutes, not only till RHD goes back to desired figure....
Can tasmota do this?
Sativant
LED Lover
LED Lover
Reactions:

If I set dehumidifier to turn on if th16 reads >=55RHD it usually kick in and does run about one minute and then turn off.
After one more minute it kicks back in and keep going like that. This is caused due to dehumidifier only needs one minute ( or less ) to sort humidity out to desired value.
But it only takes one more minute to humidity increase again...
I've used my Sonoffs to control a dehumidifier and it worked perfectly. Maybe it's got something to do with your particular dehumidifier.
Tasmota is supposed to be better, and I think it probably is, because it allows you to use a local server to control your devices, rather than rely on a Chinese server which goes down sometimes. I've been meaning to flash my Sonoffs, but I've been too busy growing and using them. And they've been pretty reliable.