Koada project (Open-source automation w/ RPI)

Discuss garden automation systems and software here, including commercial products or Raspberry Pi and Arduino DIY setups.
Hyakutak
LED Lover
LED Lover
Reactions:

Thank you for the support! It keeps us working hard!

Some more info about complex conditional triggering:

We want to do something very configurable but still easy to use, for example, the controller will be able to:

- Automatically adjust the power of the light within a specific range to keep the temperature of the growspace in another specific range.
- Activate a solenoid valve, send a mobile notification or turn on a device if a sensor is sending a specified data (e.g. Co2 under x ppm trigger a solenoid valve).
etc...

Again, we need the feedback/ideas of experienced growers with specifics needs. This project is open-source/hardware, just giving us ideas can greatly improve the quality of the final product!
Sativant
LED Lover
LED Lover
Reactions:

Yes ! I like your ideas. Especially the lighting control. It's hot here and I've had to lower my lighting power.
Hyakutak
LED Lover
LED Lover
Reactions:

We received some nice stuff today:
IMG_3240.JPG
8x vesta strip
2x HLG-100h-24b
1x Solenoid valve

We can now finish the features that allow spectrum change over time. With specific support for the vestas strip! (Possibility to choose a particular color temperature, not just the power of the driver)

For example, you could start with a 4500k spectrum and decrease slowly to 2700k during two weeks.

And the HLG-100h-24b were chosen on purpose because they can't go entirely off when dimmed remotely.
The goal is to test those drivers with PWM & a relay.

We also received a solenoid valve that we will use to develop a fair-priced co2 enhancer system. But this is not a priority.

We also added recently in our statistic system roadmap the ability to track power consumption.
Last edited by Hyakutak on Sun Jul 22, 2018 10:13 am, edited 3 times in total.
Hyakutak
LED Lover
LED Lover
Reactions:

LEDG wrote:
Fri Jun 29, 2018 2:51 pm
Oh dang... I figured it’d be an easy way to turn 1-10V drivers completely off since it’s relay driven and comes with a preterminated power cable so people don’t have to mess with AC either.
When you were talking about the pre-terminated power cable, you were talking about the Adafruit relay, right? Not the 1-10V MW drivers?
LEDG
Site Admin
Reactions:

macthezazou wrote:
Thu Jul 19, 2018 4:40 pm
LEDG wrote:
Fri Jun 29, 2018 2:51 pm
Oh dang... I figured it’d be an easy way to turn 1-10V drivers completely off since it’s relay driven and comes with a preterminated power cable so people don’t have to mess with AC either.
When you were talking about the pre-terminated power cable, you were talking about the Adafruit relay, right? Not the 1-10V MW drivers?
Yup.
Want to Support the Site?

Use this Amazon referral link and any purchase you make within 24 hrs will earn LEDgardener a commission at no cost to you!
Hyakutak
LED Lover
LED Lover
Reactions:

Some news:

We just found the final name of our project: Koada

We're doing some stress testing on our relay & refactoring some server code to ensure stability & performance.

We're also working on an iOS & Android app that can easily configure/update a Koada Raspberry pi without installing it or using SSH. This is a crucial feature to have a plug & play system.
sdfoster22
LED Maniac
LED Maniac
Reactions:

This project is advancing pretty fast and has come a long way! I can't wait to see the end result!
NothinYet is my nickname
Sativant
LED Lover
LED Lover
Reactions:

I don't understand why the HLG-100h-24b can't be completely dimmed remotely.
LEDG
Site Admin
Reactions:

Sativant wrote:
Wed Aug 01, 2018 6:39 pm
I don't understand why the HLG-100h-24b can't be completely dimmed remotely.
It’s a 1-10V dimming circuit rather than a 0-10V.
Want to Support the Site?

Use this Amazon referral link and any purchase you make within 24 hrs will earn LEDgardener a commission at no cost to you!
Hyakutak
LED Lover
LED Lover
Reactions:

Our last prototype of the Meanwell PWM controller. It's working like a charm!
WhatsApp Image 2018-08-11 at 17.58.23.jpeg
We now have to finish the relay circuit & find a box to put all that good stuff inside.