HLD driver help wiring the dimmer

Discuss garden automation systems and software here, including commercial products or Raspberry Pi and Arduino DIY setups.
Astralou
LED-Curious
LED-Curious
Reactions:

Hello all,

Hope you're going well,

I need help to wire the dimmer with the HLG driver, so I am stuck, better wait than do a mistake :roll:

Thank you very much for your help, hope it can help other in the futur too.

++
Attachments
wire potbis.jpg
Sativant
LED Lover
LED Lover
Reactions:

What's that dimmer ?
Astralou
LED-Curious
LED-Curious
Reactions:

I don't know, chinese dimmer with remonte from alibaba. no brand
Sativant
LED Lover
LED Lover
Reactions:

Why don't you want to use a potentiometer ?
alienfarts687
LED Lover
LED Lover
Reactions:

Simple: you don't. Did that come with your driver? My "dimmer" is a 100k ohm potentiometer. It cost about $3 from an electronics store. You should be able to get one just about anywhere. And there are only three terminals, of which you only need two. Too easy
LEDG
Site Admin
Reactions:

Yeah, that unit has an AC line input which you don't want. Resistance via potentiometer is the easiest way, as others have stated.
Want to Support the Site?

Use this Amazon referral link and any purchase you make within 24 hrs will earn LEDgardener a commission at no cost to you!
Astralou
LED-Curious
LED-Curious
Reactions:

Thank you for your replies : )

It comes with my driver, I'll keep it but not get it for my next driver (HLG-240H-36B)

I search for a potentiometer that will fit my 240h-36b :roll:

Thank you for your answer you helped me to find the right thing.
LEDG
Site Admin
Reactions:

You could try hooking up to the 0V and one of the 10V terminals and see if that works. It looks like a normal pot in the middle upon closer inspection.
Want to Support the Site?

Use this Amazon referral link and any purchase you make within 24 hrs will earn LEDgardener a commission at no cost to you!
alienfarts687
LED Lover
LED Lover
Reactions:

I just saw these kits from Meiju on Alibaba, and it looks like you can use that dimmer somehow. It hooks up to the leads from the driver on one end, but the photo doesn't show where the other end goes. Maybe it's to 240v mains to power the device? If that's the case, I would advise extreme caution if you want to attempt wiring that remote dimmer. I don't know they wouldn't just use DC power with a wall wart. That would be far simpler and safer for consumers.
F.N. led
LED-Curious
LED-Curious
Reactions:

I tried this dimmer and fried a line on my 304 board
IMG_9370 dimmer board.jpg
. I am total newbie to quantum boards and DIY. I got my son in law who is very capable with electrical to wire it up he was shaking his head a little and told me to keep a eye on the dimmer. What kind of dimmer or way can I go to get the light to dim? Thank you this a great site I am so glad I found it. I bought my light off of the same company.