Programmable 0-10V dimmer

Discuss garden automation systems and software here, including commercial products or Raspberry Pi and Arduino DIY setups.
Nuggie
LED Maniac
LED Maniac
Reactions:

Interesting, but not much info beyond the website:

https://www.inventronics-co.com/wp-cont ... -Rev.F.pdf
If your aunt had balls she'd be your uncle.
ATPinMotion
LED Lover
LED Lover
Reactions:

Good find! Inventronics makes some cool stuff.

How does one program that gizmo?
Run 'em soft
Nuggie
LED Maniac
LED Maniac
Reactions:

No idea, I got some feelers out to their sales dept.
Nuggie
LED Maniac
LED Maniac
Reactions:

Program the TDD-ANPN1 ($13 CDN) with a device called PRG-MUL2, it costs 45 CDN. Spoke with Landon at Inventronics today. You can see his Inventronics video's on youtube for the EUD driver programming to see how it works. 6 timing events can be programmed but it needs to be plugged into a computer for event scheduling, then unplug it and then it acts independently with driver.

TDD-ANPN1

https://www.futureelectronics.com/p/sem ... cs-5044667

PRG-MUL2

https://www.futureelectronics.com/p/sem ... cs-4055706
fataqui
LED-Curious
LED-Curious
Reactions:

Why reinvent wheel....

If you want the best (dimmer scheduler, on/off scheduler, that supports unlimited timing / dimming events) for your lights that use any mean well driver that supports 0-10V dimmers, get the 'ZigBee Wifi HLC610-Z controller', each controller can run (2) mean well drivers, (2 pots), then simply download the 'iLightsIn' app from the google play store or the apple store and that will allow you to control your lights from anywhere in the world. And if you are using a Android device you can completely disassemble the 'iLightsIn app', with something like the 'APK Multi Tool', which will allow you to make the 'iLightsIn App' truly all your own, you can do things like change the apps icons, language variables, set default (dimming, on/off ) lighting schedules, set default network variables, etc, etc, and even more if you know Java... But even if you don't want to do any off that just the 'ZigBee Wifi HLC610-Z controller' along with the 'iLightsIn App' will give complete control of as many growing environments that you might maintain!

HLC610-Z Controller Info Here...

ZigBee Wifi HLC610-Z Controller
Nuggie
LED Maniac
LED Maniac
Reactions:

There are circuit limitations with the Amelech, it is good below 48V which eliminates most series circuits and any parallel builds above 48V. A HLC610-Z is needed for every driver at $25 US+shipping and one hub at $80. Its a really slick product in the right setup.
unkle_psycho
LED Wizard
LED Wizard
Reactions:

Nuggie wrote:
Sat Apr 06, 2019 2:00 am
Program the TDD-ANPN1 ($13 CDN) with a device called PRG-MUL2, it costs 45 CDN. Spoke with Landon at Inventronics today. You can see his Inventronics video's on youtube for the EUD driver programming to see how it works. 6 timing events can be programmed but it needs to be plugged into a computer for event scheduling, then unplug it and then it acts independently with driver.

TDD-ANPN1

https://www.futureelectronics.com/p/sem ... cs-5044667

PRG-MUL2

https://www.futureelectronics.com/p/sem ... cs-4055706
This is pretty cool! How many drivers could one of these sets control?
"Nothing is true, everything is permitted"
unkle_psycho
LED Wizard
LED Wizard
Reactions:

fataqui wrote:
Wed Apr 10, 2019 11:20 am
Why reinvent wheel....

If you want the best (dimmer scheduler, on/off scheduler, that supports unlimited timing / dimming events) for your lights that use any mean well driver that supports 0-10V dimmers, get the 'ZigBee Wifi HLC610-Z controller', each controller can run (2) mean well drivers, (2 pots), then simply download the 'iLightsIn' app from the google play store or the apple store and that will allow you to control your lights from anywhere in the world. And if you are using a Android device you can completely disassemble the 'iLightsIn app', with something like the 'APK Multi Tool', which will allow you to make the 'iLightsIn App' truly all your own, you can do things like change the apps icons, language variables, set default (dimming, on/off ) lighting schedules, set default network variables, etc, etc, and even more if you know Java... But even if you don't want to do any off that just the 'ZigBee Wifi HLC610-Z controller' along with the 'iLightsIn App' will give complete control of as many growing environments that you might maintain!

HLC610-Z Controller Info Here...

ZigBee Wifi HLC610-Z Controller
For me its the wifi control which is reinventing the wheel... Personally ditched windows before Linux even had a desktop UI. I would assume this inventronics system has the stability one would expect from industrial design, while a phone app... well at least the phones work without crashing much these days. Don't expect many commercial opps to go for phone dimming, but imagine many hobbyists will enjoy being able to show their plants around. There is likely demand for both.

I'm so OCD I don't have any games or other addictions in my phone. Just browse and read.
"Nothing is true, everything is permitted"
Nuggie
LED Maniac
LED Maniac
Reactions:

You need a TDD-ANPN for every driver and one PRG-MUL2 that services all the TDD-ANPN's. The TDD-ANPN needs a 12V 20ma power source to operate. In their product manual they have it going to the Inventronics driver that has an auxiliary power source but that's an easy work around with an independent power source. Landon had said the TDD-ANPN's were more popular in Europe (they were out of stock in NA) so you should have an easier time getting it there.
Nuggie
LED Maniac
LED Maniac
Reactions:

Here is some more info from a post I did on Rollitup:

Found features in the Inventronics that Meanwell couldn't match. If going with a constant voltage I would still go Meanwell, but for constant current (constant power) Inventronics hands down. The constant power driver gives you a lot more flexibility in how you want to set it up. I suggest downloading the program before you buy to fool around with how its setup.

The Inventronics driver lineup is large, took a while to find which ones are applicable in general and then to my setup. The programmable driver lineup for North America is the:

EFD (220V 1200W)
ESD (high voltage)
EUD (all the bells and whistles, dim to off)
EUG (all the features I needed best price point, 10%-100% dim)
EUK
EUR (round drivers)
HUK
LUD

Out of that I narrowed it down to the EUG, prices on par with Meanwell at 150W or below. Wattages 240 or higher its a better price point than Meanwell in both the EUD and EUG series. Decent supply at Future Electronics. You'll mostly likely want to look for a DT model, ie EUG-150S140DT. Maybe even a DTA (auxiliary power) or a DTL (long life) models. Stay away from DV models for above list, they are for Europe.

EUG line is what I went with, pretty happy. To note I am not affiliated with Inventronics, just did a lot of research.