Quantum Board QB288 with Trolmaster Hydro X controller.

Discuss garden automation systems and software here, including commercial products or Raspberry Pi and Arduino DIY setups.
UrbanHerbman
LED-Curious
LED-Curious
Reactions:

So I've been trying to do some research about qb's and I think I'm close but I have a few questions and I would love your help.
So I'm trying to put 6 qb288's over a 5x5 space. I plan to run the boards in series, each board with it's own slate 2 heat sink, hoping for 120-140w/Board. I originally ordered 2 of these drivers - HLG-480H-C2800A, when I was oblivious to the needs of light controllers. I know I'll need the 0-10v lighting controller with my hydrox, as well as an rj12 to 3.5 adapter. I plan to return the drivers I bought previously so I wanted some opinions on what drivers would be good for my situation. The fewer drivers the better so long as they aren't significantly more expensive, I plan to have 4 of these 6 board fixtures in a room in the next few months. Would 3 ESD-320S310DT, 2 boards in series per driver, be a good option?
Thanks in advance,
Urban Herbman
TEKNIK
LED Wizard
LED Wizard
Reactions:

I am not familiar with those controllers, easy way is to use illuimi meshteck 0-10V controllers, you can control all your drivers off one controller. They also dim to off if you use the HLG480-48 A/B. Not 100% sure of the forward voltage you need on your particular boards so double check that. Running a parallel system is easier in most cases
Find me on Instagram led_teknik
UrbanHerbman
LED-Curious
LED-Curious
Reactions:

Thanks, I was hoping to be able to use this controller so my environment will be controlled through one device out of the box. I am unaware of an adapter for meshtek for their controllers at the moment. Does dimming affect the output voltage? I'm not familiar with how this part works. The boards would be 50vdc each so I think I would be fine with that driver at 150v without the dimming but I don't know how that works in to the equation. If parallel would be best for me I'll look into that.
TEKNIK
LED Wizard
LED Wizard
Reactions:

Parallel is easier, see if there is a 1-10V or 0-10V adaptor to use with your controller
UrbanHerbman
LED-Curious
LED-Curious
Reactions:

There is.
UrbanHerbman
LED-Curious
LED-Curious
Reactions:

What I've been hoping to find out is what drive works best for my situation that also works with 0-10v dimming. Would I be able to make this work with my current a type drivers in parallel?
JayKell
LED Enthusiast
LED Enthusiast
Reactions:

A-type drivers have no external dim leads/adjustment, just the built in pots, so no.
UrbanHerbman
LED-Curious
LED-Curious
Reactions:

Okay thanks. I didn't think the A type drivers were capable of dimming with the meshtek but I just wanted to make sure because it sounded to me like Teknik was saying I could.
Thanks for the help guys. I think I figured out what I'm going to do.
TEKNIK
LED Wizard
LED Wizard
Reactions:

Sorry, I thought you had a B driver. The other way you can do dimming with an A driver is with a Pwm controller