Build help :)

Discuss garden automation systems and software here, including commercial products or Raspberry Pi and Arduino DIY setups.
Maksbyart
LED-Curious
LED-Curious
Reactions:

Hi guys im new here and new to the whole coding thing , i saw the original led gardner video on home assistant automation and thought to give it a try , way over my head here lol im looking for help in building a small automation with moisture , humidity , ph , fan , and watering control , so far i have pi4 , 4 switch relay , accumulative soul moisture sensors , ph probe GAOHOU PH0-14 , not sure what else i need , if anyone can help ill gladly pay for code and instructions :) Thanks guys
LEDG
Site Admin
Reactions:

Hey there. Do you have home assistant running on your Pi yet?
Want to Support the Site?

Use this Amazon referral link and any purchase you make within 24 hrs will earn LEDgardener a commission at no cost to you!
Maksbyart
LED-Curious
LED-Curious
Reactions:

yes , i followed the video step by step till i got to part with figuring out code , and sensors , i figured instead of me banging my head on the table and wasting $$$ on amazon buying wrong things id just donate some funds to someone who can see hwat i got code it and tell me like im 5 hahahaha
00schteven
LED-Curious
LED-Curious
Reactions:

First make yourself a list of all the information you want to collect, then add the things you want to control. You have to ask yourself where you want to locate the Raspberry Pi, how are your sensors are interfacing? Do you need to hardwire them, if so how, how long will the wire need to be? Do they connect wirelessly? If so what protocol (Wi-Fi/Bluetooth) ? After that draw out how you want the automations to run, like if the temperature is over the set point for a certain amount of time the fan or a/c will turn on in till the temperature is below a set point. Home Assistant automations are easy to generate if you know your goals. If you want to throw money at the project it would be better spent on a turn key option from a store. You will have to get you hands dirty if you want to go with Home Assistant.
@stevetheganjafarmer
Maksbyart
LED-Curious
LED-Curious
Reactions:

hi thank you , makes sense , really all i need is to figure out how to setup this probe GAOHOU PH0-14 Value Detect Sensor...
i think i need to get amplifier i think to multiply the signal to connect to pi , if anyone had succes using those please let me know or is this not a good one? tha k you
LEDG
Site Admin
Reactions:

That sensor looks pretty difficult to set up for a Pi, based on the comments on the listing. It has a 0-5V output so it's meant for an Arduino like an Uno or Mega or other 5V board, but you could adapt it to a 3.3V input with a voltage divider or something. I see someone used an ADS1015 ADC to get it working on their Pi.

Once it's talking to the Pi, there still seems to be a fair amount of work to do in order to translate the voltage from the probe to pH though.
Want to Support the Site?

Use this Amazon referral link and any purchase you make within 24 hrs will earn LEDgardener a commission at no cost to you!
00schteven
LED-Curious
LED-Curious
Reactions:

@stevetheganjafarmer