PWM meanwell drivers wirelessly

Discuss garden automation systems and software here, including commercial products or Raspberry Pi and Arduino DIY setups.
garnier
LED Enthusiast
LED Enthusiast
Reactions:

hello to everyone.

I would be very greatful if you could suggest to me how to PWM meanwell drivers wirelessly.

Now these days I use either version A or version B with either built in or soldered potenciometer to PWM the LEDs.

my plan is to build growing rack with multiple lights operated with more meanwell drivers.

is there a chance to wirelessly pwm them?

currently I use just sonoff to simply turn on / off.

cheers
Shimbob
LED Wizard
LED Wizard
Reactions:

Unless you already have something else in mind for the transmission side (like using home automation, mycodo, or other setup), I'd go with something like this:
https://www.instructables.com/ESP8266-A ... g-Sensors/
The esp8266 would act as a wifi access point for other esp8266s to connect to, read the value of the rheostat and publish it to an mqtt broker. (Upgrade to an esp32 to be able to run both mqtt client and broker on the same chip)

On the receiving end, I would go with an esp8266 running an MQTT client and an optoisolator.

Clear as mud?
GreenThumb
LED-Curious
LED-Curious
Reactions:

You can get dimming from 0-10v pwm.

So take an arduino or MCU
hook a wire from GND and one of the PWM pins from the MCU/Arduino to this little board
WOWOONE 1PC PWM to Voltage Module 0%-1 ... age 0-10V)

Then connect a 14-30v power plug to the load input on the board, and finally connect the two wires from the Meanwell to the board. I think with one of these you could connect multiple drivers and dim them all at the same time (I.e like flower room 1, flower room 2 etc)

Enjoy!
Attachments
2FC8A806-76FC-4EB6-95A3-6537D6937C99.jpeg