Fertilizer dosing system

Discuss garden automation systems and software here, including commercial products or Raspberry Pi and Arduino DIY setups.
Gg13
LED-Curious
LED-Curious
Reactions:

Hello everyone I need help building an automatic fertilization system…
I want to build a system that measures the amount of water that enters the tank and is controlled by a height valve.
The system should measure the amount of water entering and open the dosing pumps according to a dose determined in advance in the application.
For example, the measuring system that we put 1 liter of new water in the tank, will open pump a and pump b that will flow into the 2.5 ml tank and pump c will open to one milliliter.
Does anyone have experience with such systems?
I was thinking of using a Ardino, a water flow sensor, and 4 dosing pumps.
Sorry for my English😅
sshscp
LED-Curious
LED-Curious
Reactions:

For measuring the amount of water in a tank I would suggest using an ultrasonic sensor instead of relying on flow meters. They are more accurate and cheaper. You can use these for height sensors and from that you can calculate the current volume of your tank. For dosing it depends on what type of fertilizer you are dispensing. Is your fertilizer a solid or a liquid? If it is liquid you can use peristaltic pumps. Peristaltic pumps are controlled through a ~ 9v DC motor. You can use a motor driver board to control the pumps through any Arduino or esp32. You'll have to work with your specific pumps to determine how long to leave running to dispense specific volumes.

Peristaltic pumps range from $3 to $15 US each on Amazon.
Here is link to the ultrasonic sensor that I use:

I hope this helps!