New POW R2 from Sonoff.

Discuss garden automation systems and software here, including commercial products or Raspberry Pi and Arduino DIY setups.
CanadianClosetGarden
LED Enthusiast
LED Enthusiast
Reactions:

Just upgraded to Ver 2
Much more features.
https://www.itead.cc/smart-home/sonoff-pow-r2.html
Ordered Wednesday came today via DHL no duties
powr2.jpg
totals.jpg
rate.jpg
overload.jpg
my light at full power
highpow.jpg
At low power
lowpow.jpg
current pow.jpg
Cheers
CCG
Sativant
LED Lover
LED Lover
Reactions:

Thanks -that’s good to know about. I waited for a month for my last order from itead.
LEDG
Site Admin
Reactions:

That's a really nice interface. Might have to pick one up to try myself - no duties is nice too.
Want to Support the Site?

Use this Amazon referral link and any purchase you make within 24 hrs will earn LEDgardener a commission at no cost to you!
seiks
LED-Curious
LED-Curious
Reactions:

I just learned these guys have an ESP8266 inside so we can hack it open, add a wireless dimmer and create our own interface / logic. Stay tuned! :D
Tony
LED Enthusiast
LED Enthusiast
Reactions:

@CanadianClosetGarden

I’m interested in these also. Can you test if it will auto resume after a power outage or will you have to manually turn on. Thanks.
LEDG
Site Admin
Reactions:

Do these require an internet connection or can you run them on your own internal network?

Use this Amazon referral link and any purchase you make within 24 hrs will earn LEDgardener a commission at no cost to you!
Sativant
LED Lover
LED Lover
Reactions:

LEDG wrote:
Mon Apr 09, 2018 4:54 am
Do these require an internet connection or can you run them on your own internal network?
You need to flash them with alternative firmware to run them them without connecting them to the internet.
There is a lot of documentation out there. The most promising firmware seems to be Tasmota.
LEDG
Site Admin
Reactions:

Sativant wrote:
Mon Apr 09, 2018 10:58 am
LEDG wrote:
Mon Apr 09, 2018 4:54 am
You need to flash them with alternative firmware to run them them without connecting them to the internet.
There is a lot of documentation out there. The most promising firmware seems to be Tasmota.
Nice. I’d prefer to have that control.

Sativant
LED Lover
LED Lover
Reactions:

Yes - it’s something I’m working up to. I’ve got a raspberry pi to use. I’m especially interested in controlling my garden’s environment.
Grower
LED Maniac
LED Maniac
Reactions:

Sativant wrote:
Tue Apr 10, 2018 12:38 am
Yes - it’s something I’m working up to. I’ve got a raspberry pi to use. I’m especially interested in controlling my garden’s environment.
we should work on automating the environment control to keep VPD on set :?