driver for 10x LT-FB25B in 4x4 tent ?

Strip light questions and discussions go here (Samsung, Bridgelux, Photo Boost, Growcraft, etc.)
Shimbob
LED Wizard
LED Wizard
Reactions:

Storman wrote:
Wed Dec 05, 2018 3:25 pm
I'm concerned about total power consumption at peak operation. A typical residential circuit is 15A or 20A. The Max operating current per 22" LED strip is 1600mA. Is my understanding correct that I can only run EIGHT 22" LED strips per 15A circuit safely ?
You're confusing DC and AC amps. Drivers take W amps at X volts on the AC side and converts it to Y amps and Z volts on the DC side. The 1.6A listed for the strip is on the DC side.

Are you running on 110V or 220V AC? Look at the specs for each of the drivers listed, under INPUT - AC CURRENT:
HLG-480H-48A is rated at 5A at 110V or 2.45A at 230V. Those are the numbers you need to track and compare to your breaker's max. Your grand total of 960watts will be fine on a 15A breaker.
Norcorider
LED-Curious
LED-Curious
Reactions:

Storman wrote:
Wed Dec 05, 2018 3:25 pm
Hello!

I was away for a couple of weeks, but I'm back with renewed energy to build my hobby 4'x4' sun tent.

Thank you for all of your input and ideas, it is much appreciated. It's helping me to understand the technology better. I haven't heard of a 'sun cloak' before, I'll research it. Where do I find 660nm and 730nm diodes to give the 80cri a slight bump to the light output ?

Here's the parts for my LED light build that I've collected so far:

12x H inFlux_L09 3000k these are 22" long
4x F-Series Gen.3 3000k these are 22" long

1x HLG-480H-48A LED driver
1X HLG-240H-48A LED driver
2x HLG-120H-C1400B LED driver - use with F-series strips, I have the potentiometer for dimming.

16x 2" wide by 24" long Aluminum Heatsink

I still need to build the frame. This week I'll pick up the aluminum 3/4" 'L' frame. Then have it welded to the heatsinks for an overall size of 46" x 47" (the tent frame measures smaller than 48").

The reason so many different drivers is mostly because I don't know what I'm doing lol, I've been following the DIY build from LED Gardener. I'm going to make it work by having more control of how many LED strips are running at one time. It's going to be a full cycle tent from veg to flower starting from seeds, so I can turn on more lights as the plants grow.

I'm using one 22" LED strip per one sq' foot. I arrived at this value by looking at the Luminous Flux Rating of the H inFlux, typical 3000k is 7910 lumens. A quick google search for optimum light levels is 7500 lumens per sq' foot to grow plants. I'd rather have too much than too little. I'm hoping to introduce Co2. I could build a 12 strip light for the tent, but I don't think that's enough light?

I'm concerned about total power consumption at peak operation. A typical residential circuit is 15A or 20A. The Max operating current per 22" LED strip is 1600mA. Is my understanding correct that I can only run EIGHT 22" LED strips per 15A circuit safely ?

I'm trying to use Amazon smart switches 'Sonoff' to control the power to the LED drivers. any experience with smart controls? http://a.co/d/5FKnOU5

ALL ideas and constructive criticism are welcomed :) Thanks for your help.
I used sonoffs on mine, and they are working well.
unkle_psycho
LED Wizard
LED Wizard
Reactions:

There's a video in the weed section on LED and THC, its from Valoya, a Finnish company. In it they show a test on light intensity during veg, they demonstrate what is too much light. It's definatly worth looking at, and can be used as a good basis to plan how much power you want for vegging
"Nothing is true, everything is permitted"
MR. Amsterdam
LED-Curious
LED-Curious
Reactions:

unkle_psycho wrote:
Sat Dec 08, 2018 10:01 am
There's a video in the weed section on LED and THC, its from Valoya, a Finnish company. In it they show a test on light intensity during veg, they demonstrate what is too much light. It's definatly worth looking at, and can be used as a good basis to plan how much power you want for vegging
Can you link that video please?
Calenk
LED Enthusiast
LED Enthusiast
Reactions:

MR. Amsterdam wrote:
Wed Dec 12, 2018 1:07 am
Professor Xavier
LED Lover
LED Lover
Reactions:

Calenk wrote:
Wed Dec 12, 2018 2:21 pm
MR. Amsterdam wrote:
Wed Dec 12, 2018 1:07 am
This video highlights a research paper that is frequently referenced in the industry. I cite from it frequently when discussing LEDs or how spectrum can affect plant morphology.
Knowledge is power :) Nice link.