Lm561c 2ft strips design *help*

Strip light questions and discussions go here (Samsung, Bridgelux, Photo Boost, Growcraft, etc.)
robrohh
LED-Curious
LED-Curious
Reactions:

I could go that route but then at the added cost of everything . I feel it will be much easier to build regular cob fixtures. It will almost be in the same $$$ . I was really tryna say building this fixture was the best bang for my buck and it seems like its not lol
Ted
LED Maniac
LED Maniac
Reactions:

robrohh wrote:
Fri Sep 08, 2017 5:57 am
I could go that route but then at the added cost of everything . I feel it will be much easier to build regular cob fixtures. It will almost be in the same $$$ . I was really tryna say building this fixture was the best bang for my buck and it seems like its not lol
Yea the strips are not cheap. When I did my research, they come out to cost 50% more on a per lumen basis. However, depending on your situation, you make it back on the power bill.

I think for most people its a better route to get the Vero 29 COBs, given the price, and the ease of setup.
majorana
LED Maniac
LED Maniac
Reactions:

COBs are cheaper, but require a substantial heatsink. The heatsink itself isn't cheap, and depending on where you live together with the added weight to shipping it can become 40% of the total expense. Strips are pricey, but once you factor in heatsinks (& their shipping) the difference becomes significantly smaller, though still there.
Ted
LED Maniac
LED Maniac
Reactions:

majorana wrote:
Fri Sep 08, 2017 8:29 am
COBs are cheaper, but require a substantial heatsink. The heatsink itself isn't cheap, and depending on where you live together with the added weight to shipping it can become 40% of the total expense. Strips are pricey, but once you factor in heatsinks (& their shipping) the difference becomes significantly smaller, though still there.
Majorana, youre right, The passive cooling is a big plus for strips/QB boards, which further decreases total cost of ownership.
robrohh
LED-Curious
LED-Curious
Reactions:

Well ill figure this out some how .
Thanks yall
LEDG
Site Admin
Reactions:

You're in the states, right?
Want to Support the Site?

Use this Amazon referral link and any purchase you make within 24 hrs will earn LEDgardener a commission at no cost to you!
robrohh
LED-Curious
LED-Curious
Reactions:

Yeah i am