Driver matching for H inFlux strips

Strip light questions and discussions go here (Samsung, Bridgelux, Photo Boost, Growcraft, etc.)
Hydrofood
LED Lover
LED Lover
Reactions:

Cheaper, more spread, more rigid, can run naked without heatsinks (even when run hard).
That’s why I choose Bridgelux.

I honestly don’t get caught up in all the equations and comparisons.

They have been proven to be nearly identical over time.

Wait, Samsung doesn’t provide spectrum graphs for the influx?
HomerPepsi
LED Enthusiast
LED Enthusiast
Reactions:

I cannot find any information on the lm561 or 301 spectrums. Would be very appreciative if someone on the forums had it and shared!

Cheers,
HomerPepsi
LED Enthusiast
LED Enthusiast
Reactions:

Hydrofood wrote:
Sun Feb 17, 2019 11:53 pm
...more rigid, can run naked without heatsinks (even when run hard).
Glanced over this. That's a big plus for the bridgelux.
unkle_psycho
LED Wizard
LED Wizard
Reactions:

There are special situations that might push you towards Bridgelux or Samsung... For example if you are in a place where heatsinks are expensive, you might either go for bridgelux running bare, or a few samsungs driven hard with heatsinks.

Purely from a perspective of feeding photons to the plant some feel its a no-brainer to go for bridgelux - more diodes and better coveradge... but many people seem to appreciate the samsungs ability to be run harder - either for the simplicity of the build, or because they just want the intensity.

I searched the documentation for the lm301b diode, and to my surprise there was no spectrum graph there. I think they are all pretty much the same though, how much do 80cri 3500k graphs differ from each other? Yesterday I was looking at the EB gen 2 documentation, and it has pictures from a strip where the diodes are far apart (wrong model), and there was no chart for 3500k... just for 3000k. But there is no 3000k for sale :D
"Nothing is true, everything is permitted"
Zillard
LED-Curious
LED-Curious
Reactions:

OK so the best route is to go for 2 drivers, each pushing 3 strips in series. Maybe even room for a 4th strip per series later on.

I want to get 3000k strips, to supplement my QB288 2 board kit during flowering. All this in a 90cm x 90cm tent. Should be good :-)

thanks guys
PurpleGunRack
LED Enthusiast
LED Enthusiast
Reactions:

I did a few 6 strip builds with H inFlux L06, and used the 280h-24A in parallel, maxes at around 75% of the strips max current rating, sweet light for a 2x4 tent.

Being 24V strips, the 24V MW CV drivers are a great choice :)

HomerPepsi wrote:
Mon Feb 18, 2019 12:03 am
I cannot find any information on the lm561 or 301 spectrums. Would be very appreciative if someone on the forums had it and shared!

Cheers,
It's on page 13 in the LM301b datasheet https://www.samsung.com/led/lighting/mi ... ds/lm301b/
HomerPepsi
LED Enthusiast
LED Enthusiast
Reactions:

PurpleGunRack wrote:
Sun Feb 24, 2019 2:09 am
I did a few 6 strip builds with H inFlux L06, and used the 280h-24A in parallel, maxes at around 75% of the strips max current rating, sweet light for a 2x4 tent.

Being 24V strips, the 24V MW CV drivers are a great choice :)

HomerPepsi wrote:
Mon Feb 18, 2019 12:03 am

Cheers,
It's on page 13 in the LM301b datasheet https://www.samsung.com/led/lighting/mi ... ds/lm301b/
Thanks so much, PurpleGunRock!!! Cheers :)
unkle_psycho
LED Wizard
LED Wizard
Reactions:

I read somewhere recently that the bridgelux diodes benefit much less then the Samsung diodes from being driven softly... It's disturbing me, since I was thinking about doing sidelights hooking up 18 4ft gen2's with a hlg480... I was thinking I get the dual benefit of efficiency and no heatsinks...

The notion is messing with my idea of bridgelux being the ultimate choice for running soft, and Samsung for running hard.
Hydrofood
LED Lover
LED Lover
Reactions:

What was the source?
How so?
unkle_psycho wrote:
Sun Feb 24, 2019 11:07 am
I read somewhere recently that the bridgelux diodes benefit much less then the Samsung diodes from being driven softly...
unkle_psycho
LED Wizard
LED Wizard
Reactions:

I've been somewhere on a reading spree, didn't realize I should keep the source... Basicly it was talking about how halving the current on a bridgelux would only add 10lm/w while on the samsung it gives much bigger gains.