SI-B8V521B20WW - 1x2mt table - indoor commercial grow

Strip light questions and discussions go here (Samsung, Bridgelux, Photo Boost, Growcraft, etc.)
Hacko86
LED-Curious
LED-Curious
Reactions:

Hello everyone,

i am been reading this site's build guide but i don't really fit into the 3x3 or 4x4 builds so i thought it would be better to ask for advice here.

i am setting up a flower room with 20 hydroponic tables, grodan slabs and drippers. their size is 1x2 meters

My aim is to cover the area with 4' strips as i'd like the light to overhang slightly on the sides since some of the plants will grow close to the table's edge, hence i selected SI-B8V521B20WW strips due to their price/performance ratio.

Now, in order to achieve even values between 800 and 1000PPFD during flowering i have no precise idea how many strips and how close they should be to each other, remaining as cost effective as possible.

Any advice is welcome

p.s. i understand from the guide 3'x3' requires circa 270w while 4'x4' requires around 500w, so i should stay around 800w totally per table?
unkle_psycho
LED Wizard
LED Wizard
Reactions:

A 4x4 is 16 square feet, and a 3x6 is 18 square feet... seems you will be lighting an even bigger area with the strips coming over the edge,,, 4x6, so 24 square feet.

a little over 700w gives 30w per square foot. That probably won't get you quite to 1000ppfd, but someone who knows will likely show up soon.
"Nothing is true, everything is permitted"
WhiteRecluse
LED Enthusiast
LED Enthusiast
Reactions:

Why not go with the 5x5 diy fixture for each site. All use 4' strips and which ever you choose to be the most economical, just space the LEDs evenly on the run. 700w would be 30.8w/sqft on the 1mx2m footprint.
Cheers!
Rocket Soul
LED Lover
LED Lover
Reactions:

24 feet is a little short, if you read OPs description: he wants 4foot strips across a 1m section, this means that you should probably calculate a 1.2 x 2 m cannopy: 2.4 m2 which is approx 27 ft2. I would use 3x240 drivers per table, this worked for us in a similar build. However 30w per foot is for cannabis flowering, if op is growing something different (meters is euro lingo and we don't have legal weed around here...) then other numbers would apply.

Edit: reread and it's for flower, 30-35w per m is good.