DIY Samsung Lm561C two channel 200w pcb

Strip light questions and discussions go here (Samsung, Bridgelux, Photo Boost, Growcraft, etc.)
AvidLerner
LED-Curious
LED-Curious
Reactions:

I have been experimenting with Samsung diodes for a while and mixing various light spectrum over the last couple years.

I decided to design and have manufactured a 200w two channel pcb with 192 diodes on each channel for a total of 384 diodes total.

The board works great.
:mrgreen:
Attachments
Control box
Control box
20170907_093909.jpg (7.2 MiB) Viewed 2495 times
GrowGreen 200w board
GrowGreen 200w board
20170916_085455.jpg (6.39 MiB) Viewed 2495 times
Ted
LED Maniac
LED Maniac
Reactions:

AvidLerner wrote:
Fri Sep 29, 2017 2:34 am
I have been experimenting with Samsung diodes for a while and mixing various light spectrum over the last couple years.

I decided to design and have manufactured a 200w two channel pcb with 192 diodes on each channel for a total of 384 diodes total.

The board works great.
:mrgreen:
How do you make it?
AvidLerner
LED-Curious
LED-Curious
Reactions:

I have the boards made by my manufacturer in China Shenzhen Hansion. I designed the board did the gerber files, and sent the work off to China for production..
thanks for asking
LEDG
Site Admin
Reactions:

Hey Avid!

Thanks so much for sharing. I'd love to see some more pics of the light; especially with it off, so we can have a good look at the board. That's super cool that you put in the effort to actually design and have these built for you. Really cool. ]

How long did it take, once you had your files complete, to have the light in your hands? How many did you end up having produced?
Want to Support the Site?

Use this Amazon referral link and any purchase you make within 24 hrs will earn LEDgardener a commission at no cost to you!
AvidLerner
LED-Curious
LED-Curious
Reactions:

Ptoduction took two weeks shipping and delivery took five days from Shenzehn China.
The board uses 384 diodes 192 per channel one channel is 5000k and the second channel is 3000k.
The minimum number of diodes you can buy is a reel with 2500 diodes.
My design uses two reels for a total of 13 boards. I use them in flower and veg and offer them to others at cost like a CO-OP no profits.
A few friends have ordered a lot of 13 they will use themself or do the same co-op in Europe.
Because the boards use a c1050b driver they are very energy efficient.
Here is pic of a 400w fixture I built and use.
Attachments
2 200w boards
2 200w boards
20171001_145850.jpg (5.83 MiB) Viewed 2437 times
majorana
LED Maniac
LED Maniac
Reactions:

AvidLerner wrote:
Fri Oct 06, 2017 1:54 am
A few friends have ordered a lot of 13 they will use themself or do the same co-op in Europe.
I'd love to get in touch with anybody you're in contact with in Europe regarding such a shared-costs production!

(I love the project, the design, the build, and the generosity behind it all. Kudos!)
Grower
LED Maniac
LED Maniac
Reactions:

Hey Vega... I mean hey Avidlerner!
As I already said, nice job! What are the dimensions?
I inquired a producer from alibaba too but I can't afford the moq of 50-100pcs (well I don't know what to do with the 40 pcb remaining lol). I thought I can share some locally to introduce ppl to this technology since they don't know anything except SE hps.

I like these projects
AvidLerner
LED-Curious
LED-Curious
Reactions:

I will have to see what i can do. If you go to riu and I have a thread there where folks get together for the same purpose.

I am like others I wanted something different, so I designed it and wo0rked with folks to get it done. If you have interest let me know. I can get you some boards, or you can order a lot yourself. I still have a few boards left from the last CO-OP order. When the order for a lot of 13 is short I make up the difference in cash and place the order and hold he extra boards as people ask for them. Price is cheap $60 for a 200w board S&H for US is $20 for EU $22 Int First class. S&H no change multiple boards, the more the better.
AvidLerner
LED-Curious
LED-Curious
Reactions:

If you DM me I can give you a link to my Blog page with Buy Now Paypal buttons for 1,2,or 4 boards US shipping.
soultouch
LED-Curious
LED-Curious
Reactions:

How much was the cost plus shipping for all3 boards. what is length and width of each board. With new lm301h, would the same design work, Also would they make specific pho re and photo blue like Cree xpg3, and some high efficiency 730 and uv stuff. I realize the specialty boards might require a co op buy to buy whole rolls. Just wondering if you have been tinkering with these newer products, HOw long and wide are your two channel boards? Thanks, great info