Vesta Gen2 Strips

Strip light questions and discussions go here (Samsung, Bridgelux, Photo Boost, Growcraft, etc.)
polpus
LED-Curious
LED-Curious
Reactions:

The datasheet for the new Vesta Edge strips is now online here. The efficiency has actually been improved to 143 lm/W.

Does anyone know when/where these will be available and at what price?
unkle_psycho
LED Wizard
LED Wizard
Reactions:

Well both the producers and distributors tend to be slow moving behemoths, its a slow waiting game.

If you know digikey, here is their page on Vesta: https://www.digikey.fi/products/en?FV=ffece668

Theres a side with 2 products which are the traditional strips, then there is the cob side. I just skimmed it through, and the first products have photos, and the rest are dim-to-warm so i assume they are the cobs where the color temperature grows with current.

Looking at the datasheet I think the better lm per watt comes from taking the value at a lower current... its at 25% of max. I think in the older strips the flux is at nominal, so double the current.

The size should allow special builds, and metal core with improved thermal characteristics sounds good too, although they already usually specify how much copper the core has, and here the documentation says nothing.

Finally I wonder what figure 5 means, does the warm white temperature change by current?
"Nothing is true, everything is permitted"
unkle_psycho
LED Wizard
LED Wizard
Reactions:

Oh, and at least at digikey their stock usually progresses in steps. For now the new vesta strip does not even have a product page, here there is an example of a new strip thats even more efficient then the samsung lm301 strips... the product is not in stock:
https://www.digikey.fi/products/en/opto ... ageSize=25

The product pages dont have a button to see when the order can be expected, it will likely appear a month or two before the strips. So the wait for the new vesta could be really long.
"Nothing is true, everything is permitted"