Shenzhen R2T lm561c [s6?] strip, 900-11700mm

Strip light questions and discussions go here (Samsung, Bridgelux, Photo Boost, Growcraft, etc.)
Amkz
LED-Curious
LED-Curious
Reactions:

Hello all. Now i look this item in alibaba:

https://m.alibaba.com/product/60695440478/detail.html

Price ~14$ per strip, 160 diodes, 3 or 4 ft. It normal price for lm561c s6? Or...different diodes. Just, delivery from China is not high cost, for my locations.
Anybody have expiriens with that vendor?
unkle_psycho
LED Wizard
LED Wizard
Reactions:

I think there is something wrong with the link... I can just see a tiny slice of the page

You can go to digikey.com to compare prices to original samsung strips. The inFlux series uses the lm301b diode, and the F-series uses the lm561c diode which is rather comparable.

The alibaba products are cheaper, but there is a lot of chatter on their legitimacy. I wanted budget, but I wanted to be sure of my specs so I can do math on my grows, thats why I avoided alibaba.

You might find discussions on various sellers at RIU or other large forums. I have seen the seller you mention before, but never ordered so no idea on quality.

At the forum we regularly have people who ordered from alibaba, but they have not stuck around, I think all the regulars go for 'western stuff'
"Nothing is true, everything is permitted"
Amkz
LED-Curious
LED-Curious
Reactions:

Maybe that work ok.
https://m.alibaba.com/product/606967550 ... t-list.0.0
Thank. Alibaba's big funny lottery, right? :D Just now i choise, clu048 1212 from KingBrite(Jerry), or midpower-led strip. Cob vendor trusted, price $9/cob. For me, cob have best price at watt/$ vs offical f-series. Yes, i read RIU, r2t not have negativ reviews, but positive also) Just small qty of people buy it, maybe. Or take just for test, but minq for normal price 10 pcs. Hm, hm, hm :mrgreen: Intresting game.
unkle_psycho
LED Wizard
LED Wizard
Reactions:

My builds with Thomas Research Products drivers and bridgelux strips cost me around 0.50$/w.
When I use a meanwell driver my price is closer to 0.70$/w.

I calculate costs a lot. In the beginning I spent a lot of time on alibaba, but I could not find anyone I trusted. The shops were too messy, all the product pages contain many products and many prices. I can't imagine what the people designing the shop pages are thinking.

I have looked at COB's because I want to make something with 97cri. The COB itself is cheap but you need a heatsink etc... Finally I think it surely costs more then strips. It really depends on how much you pay for cooling, drivers and the frame.

My last fixture was: 240w meanwell driver 54e, 12 bridgelux strips 78e frame and heatsinks 9e. 240w total 141e. I could have used only 8 strips, but the heatsink I would have needed would have cost me 120e just to save 26e on strips. Cobs will be even hotter.
r2thk
LED Enthusiast
LED Enthusiast
Reactions:

unkle_psycho wrote:
Sat Apr 06, 2019 10:04 am
I think there is something wrong with the link... I can just see a tiny slice of the page

You can go to digikey.com to compare prices to original samsung strips. The inFlux series uses the lm301b diode, and the F-series uses the lm561c diode which is rather comparable.

The alibaba products are cheaper, but there is a lot of chatter on their legitimacy. I wanted budget, but I wanted to be sure of my specs so I can do math on my grows, thats why I avoided alibaba.

You might find discussions on various sellers at RIU or other large forums. I have seen the seller you mention before, but never ordered so no idea on quality.

At the forum we regularly have people who ordered from alibaba, but they have not stuck around, I think all the regulars go for 'western stuff'
Hammm. why not R2T?
r2thk
LED Enthusiast
LED Enthusiast
Reactions:

unkle_psycho wrote:
Sat Apr 06, 2019 7:23 pm
My builds with Thomas Research Products drivers and bridgelux strips cost me around 0.50$/w.

I calculate costs a lot. In the beginning I spent a lot of time on alibaba, but I could not find anyone I trusted. The shops were too messy, all the product pages contain many products and many prices. I can't imagine what the people designing the shop pages are thinking.

I have looked at COB's because I want to make something with 97cri. The COB itself is cheap but you need a heatsink etc... Finally I think it surely costs more then strips. It really depends on how much you pay for cooling, drivers and the frame.

My last fixture was: 240w meanwell driver 54e, 12 bridgelux strips 78e frame and heatsinks 9e. 240w total 141e. I could have used only 8 strips, but the heatsink I would have needed would have cost me 120e just to save 26e on strips. Cobs will be even hotter.
We now are developing new led strips with Samsung LM301B plus Samsung LM351H 660nm chips. still insisted quality and services
unkle_psycho
LED Wizard
LED Wizard
Reactions:

r2thk wrote:
Mon Apr 08, 2019 4:16 am
unkle_psycho wrote:
Sat Apr 06, 2019 7:23 pm

We now are developing new led strips with Samsung LM301B plus Samsung LM351H 660nm chips. still insisted quality and services
I lived in Asia and appreciate the Chinese working ethic a lot. I think most of the problems people have in Alibaba are because of communication.
I looked at your shop and your alibaba page is much cleaner then most other pages... especially your product pages really focus on one product which makes you look more serious. Still when I look at your category pages I just get confused, it's hard for me to even understand where one product ends and another begins, because the same products are listed many times. If the page confuses me, who builds leds like a hobby, how will a regular person make any sense out of it?

I feel this same feeling in many places in our modern society. I have thought about buying a new phone for some time. Today I looked at Huawei's offerings and got that same feeling, just confused and unable to really understand why they need 40 different models. After 5 min I stopped looking and thought 'maybe I can live with my old phone'.

My work is helping to develop companies. I did some work with a Vietnamese family that has some factories, and wants to enter western markets. I admire you for coming into the forums and putting in the work to learn how to serve your market.
As Asians you understand the value of building relationships and trust, and the alibaba seller who can achieve this position will get a lot of benefits from it.
Mike
LED Enthusiast
LED Enthusiast
Reactions:

I purchased 2 260w Shenzhen lights after finding them on alibaba. They boasted the same boards as hlg at half the price. I opted for the 3000k spectrum since I wanted these lights to be inplace for the duration and supplement far red/blues as necessary.

Lights ran veg and most of flower fantastically. Tho heat from these boards was an issue from day one. About a 40 days into flower I noticed some light burn and discoloration on the heatsink. By this point in time the lights were at the top of the 4x4x8, and giving about 1 1/2-2 ft of space between boards and the ladies below.

After about a few days there was nothing I could do but take them down and replaced with true hlg. They run so cool you can grab the heatsink and move while on, whereas the Shenzhen/bright heatsink you could cry and egg on! After removing them I realized the heatsink has gone from jetblack to a new cool orange/burn metal color.

Personally I won’t go for the cheap lights again, strayed from hlg and got burned
r2thk
LED Enthusiast
LED Enthusiast
Reactions:

Mike wrote:
Sun Apr 14, 2019 1:50 pm
I purchased 2 260w Shenzhen lights after finding them on alibaba. They boasted the same boards as hlg at half the price. I opted for the 3000k spectrum since I wanted these lights to be inplace for the duration and supplement far red/blues as necessary.

Lights ran veg and most of flower fantastically. Tho heat from these boards was an issue from day one. About a 40 days into flower I noticed some light burn and discoloration on the heatsink. By this point in time the lights were at the top of the 4x4x8, and giving about 1 1/2-2 ft of space between boards and the ladies below.

After about a few days there was nothing I could do but take them down and replaced with true hlg. They run so cool you can grab the heatsink and move while on, whereas the Shenzhen/bright heatsink you could cry and egg on! After removing them I realized the heatsink has gone from jetblack to a new cool orange/burn metal color.

Personally I won’t go for the cheap lights again, strayed from hlg and got burned
You sure you bought from R2T?
Mike
LED Enthusiast
LED Enthusiast
Reactions:

Pretty sure I’d remember Shenzhen in the name
0246EB01-6055-4A0E-9B03-964E046FC60A.png
As stated I bought 2 260w qb kits not the rt2