Help with Photoboost strip heatsinks in UK

Strip light questions and discussions go here (Samsung, Bridgelux, Photo Boost, Growcraft, etc.)
unkle_psycho
LED Wizard
LED Wizard
Reactions:

Awesome, you are totally right - if you aint growing just for your self, the first crop will cover your choice. And I always went with strips for coverage too :D

The cutter board performance will depend on the driver as you said, and fall a bit. Seems there is not that much of a difference.

I really can't say about the heat performance, since I never used something that powerful, but airflow really does make a difference.
"Nothing is true, everything is permitted"
Adam
LED-Curious
LED-Curious
Reactions:

Ohlol wrote:
Sat Jun 15, 2019 5:00 am
@unkle_psycho

Based on this thread http://www.uk420.com/boards/index.php?/ ... ng-strips/&
I need to re write that thread now its outdated.
Ohlol
LED-Curious
LED-Curious
Reactions:

@adam

Thanks for it anyways was a source of inspiration.

So I got my photo boost strips today in the post. Very exciting.

I'm going with these heatsinks.

https://www.gdrectifiers.co.uk/uploads/PS092.pdf

They are overkill, but better over than under.

Only thing is they come in 1m or 2m... I need them in 1.17m basically. I'm trying to decide on getting them all in solid pieces, and forget about the off cuts, or try and use the off cuts to make up enough full length heatsinks. Using the off cuts will save me approximately half of the cost so I'm considering it.

I was thinking about attaching them with a liquid metal / jb weld type thing. Was thinking to epoxy a peice of flat aluminum or something to both sides of the outside fins to secure it at the junction.

Is this a good idea? Any reason not to jb weld it? I think it should be fine. Id rather not waste 40% of the heatsink that I pay for lol. I dont like waste. But if for any reason it would compromise my boards then I'd rather not take the risk.
unkle_psycho
LED Wizard
LED Wizard
Reactions:

Pretty much every strip out there comes in a 4 foot format :D Did you find the only ones that are not? :lol:
"Nothing is true, everything is permitted"
Adam
LED-Curious
LED-Curious
Reactions:

U channel is always an option 1.5" x 1" does a great job up to 50W. 2" x 1." will do 75w.