Looking for advice for small BXEB slim gen 3 build

Strip light questions and discussions go here (Samsung, Bridgelux, Photo Boost, Growcraft, etc.)
HomerPepsi
LED Enthusiast
LED Enthusiast
Reactions:

TEKNIK wrote:
Tue Feb 11, 2020 12:30 am
You can buy some cheap UV meters. I don't think they are accurate. I will get a proper meter one day that I can connect to my goniophotometer so I can see what's really going on.

Before you buy UVB I would suggest to fill in the near UV region of 400nm to 450nm.
Tests that Or_Gro conducted showed very little difference in THC content to grows done with and without UVB but with added 420nm.
Without the 420nm I think from memory THC content was 20% less
Good to know on the meters. Yes they definitely were not expensive compared to the high tech stuff. Still. A measurement is a measurement, and if the error holds true for all my measurements made, they should at least give me an idea as to when I should change my bulb haha :lol:

Also good to know about the 400 to 450nm range. I am playing with the dedicated 455nm cobs to act ask a blue sky in the corners or my tent. I think the 400 to 450 is the only spectrum I lack at the moment. Besides rapidled/Steve's, are there any other suppliers to source starboards for this range?

RadRiver, where did you source the opulents? Good luck!
TEKNIK
LED Wizard
LED Wizard
Reactions:

I am working on some new LEDs and have been for a while. Could be months off with what's going on in China at the moment. I have made my PC blue 3030 which has 400nm and 2 420nm with blue phosphor over the top all in one led. That one is available now but it's not a cheap chip. It's coming in at 50% efficiency at 65mA
Find me on Instagram led_teknik
RadRiverOtter
LED Enthusiast
LED Enthusiast
Reactions:

HomerPepsi wrote:
Tue Feb 11, 2020 1:32 am
TEKNIK wrote:
Tue Feb 11, 2020 12:30 am
You can buy some cheap UV meters. I don't think they are accurate. I will get a proper meter one day that I can connect to my goniophotometer so I can see what's really going on.

Before you buy UVB I would suggest to fill in the near UV region of 400nm to 450nm.
Tests that Or_Gro conducted showed very little difference in THC content to grows done with and without UVB but with added 420nm.
Without the 420nm I think from memory THC content was 20% less
Good to know on the meters. Yes they definitely were not expensive compared to the high tech stuff. Still. A measurement is a measurement, and if the error holds true for all my measurements made, they should at least give me an idea as to when I should change my bulb haha :lol:

Also good to know about the 400 to 450nm range. I am playing with the dedicated 455nm cobs to act ask a blue sky in the corners or my tent. I think the 400 to 450 is the only spectrum I lack at the moment. Besides rapidled/Steve's, are there any other suppliers to source starboards for this range?

RadRiver, where did you source the opulents? Good luck!
I got the opulents and cree xps from arrow. Although I have since seen 365nm starboards on steves for the same price. They are a brand I'm not familiar with though.

I've been tossing around getting Royal blue cobs for a separate build. Which ones are you using? Are you happy with them?
Swamp botanist by day... Bedroom botanist by night.
RadRiverOtter
LED Enthusiast
LED Enthusiast
Reactions:

TEKNIK wrote:
Tue Feb 11, 2020 1:51 am
I am working on some new LEDs and have been for a while. Could be months off with what's going on in China at the moment. I have made my PC blue 3030 which has 400nm and 2 420nm with blue phosphor over the top all in one led. That one is available now but it's not a cheap chip. It's coming in at 50% efficiency at 65mA

What is a PC blue? I would love to drop in a bunch of 400nm for a separate culture build I'm working on.
HomerPepsi
LED Enthusiast
LED Enthusiast
Reactions:

RadRiverOtter wrote:
Tue Feb 11, 2020 2:12 am
I got the opulents and cree xps from arrow. Although I have since seen 365nm starboards on steves for the same price. They are a brand I'm not familiar with though.

I've been tossing around getting Royal blue cobs for a separate build. Which ones are you using? Are you happy with them?
I am happy with the Citizen CLU048-1212C4-B455. You can run em quite soft and still get a LOT of blue coming out.
RadRiverOtter
LED Enthusiast
LED Enthusiast
Reactions:

HomerPepsi wrote:
Tue Feb 11, 2020 2:37 am
I am happy with the Citizen CLU048-1212C4-B455. You can run em quite soft and still get a LOT of blue coming out.
I only see them available through TME. Real cheap though. I'm in the US. Just can't justify the shipping.
TEKNIK
LED Wizard
LED Wizard
Reactions:

The citizen blue COB is just 450nm. It doesn't have much in the way of 420 or 430 and no 400. I wouldn't have believed that adding the extra 420nm would have made all that much if a difference but it clearly does according to the test results.
TEKNIK
LED Wizard
LED Wizard
Reactions:

The PC blue is something I developed so manufacturers can easily and cheaply add a broader spectrum to their current boards or strips. It's a 3030 package and will fit as a replacement for a Samsung Cree or Nichia. It also works out cheaper and more efficient than going down the path if using Nichias optisolis or Seoul semiconductors sunlike leds.

The picture here is Cree 2700k cri90 15pc with one of my PC blues. You can see how it has that extra bit of blue close to 400nm
20200102_154359.jpg
This was taken from a hand held spectrometer that tends to smoothen out the spectrum but the 400nm is very noticeable when I test it on my proper machine
RadRiverOtter
LED Enthusiast
LED Enthusiast
Reactions:

I've been pouring over spectral graphs for weeks. That is VERY noticable. You sharpened up that incline quite a bit. That is impressive. Are you doing it with a custom phosphor? or do you manufacture these from the ground up.

Also, you mention manufacturers. Do you sell these to diyers? I've been real hard pressed to find something to effectively bolster that end of the spectrum. The plants I grow (Drosera sp.) are low nm whores.
TEKNIK
LED Wizard
LED Wizard
Reactions:

I have them made in China to my specifications, I have not seen anything like these anywhere and I do deal with alot of led manufacturers. They are not a dirt cheap chip as there is a bit more involved in the manufacturing process. There are 3 leds inside each 3030 1 is 400nm and there are 2 420nm, they then have a slight amount of blue phosphor to blend them into a normal white led that uses a 450nm pump.
Price will come down on these when I can order more of them but they are on the manufacturing stage now as all prototypes have been tested. I am pretty happy with how unique they are and the performance