Does this check out for a 2x4 area?

Strip light questions and discussions go here (Samsung, Bridgelux, Photo Boost, Growcraft, etc.)
RadRiverOtter
LED Enthusiast
LED Enthusiast
Reactions:

Looking good! The black is a nice touch.
Swamp botanist by day... Bedroom botanist by night.
Nuggie
LED Maniac
LED Maniac
Reactions:

Perch the driver just above the fan vertically so it draws air across it lengthwise. Driver is about 30-50% better at removing heat vertically than when laid flat when in stagnant air.
If your aunt had balls she'd be your uncle.
J.R.R.
LED-Curious
LED-Curious
Reactions:

Nice light.

Remember, if you're going to run odor control (carbon scrubber, exhaust fan) exhausting air with a passive intake, you shouldn't need to worry about heat or stagnant air. Passive vents low on one side, and exhaust pipe/scrubber/fan high on the opposite side is how I'd go; it makes for great cross-ventilation.
Roost
LED Enthusiast
LED Enthusiast
Reactions:

J.R.R. wrote:
Wed Feb 19, 2020 2:56 am
Nice light.

Remember, if you're going to run odor control (carbon scrubber, exhaust fan) exhausting air with a passive intake, you shouldn't need to worry about heat or stagnant air. Passive vents low on one side, and exhaust pipe/scrubber/fan high on the opposite side is how I'd go; it makes for great cross-ventilation.
This sounds like the approach I will go with. I may even skip the carbon filter as it legal here to have up to four plants I believe. Depends if I can tolerate the constant smell.

Ive put the build on hold for now as work has picked up and I haven't had much time.
Roost
LED Enthusiast
LED Enthusiast
Reactions:

I was thinking of some ideas to balance out the spectrum without over complicating things. I'm looking at "CRM-3050-Optisolis" pucks on Cutter. They have roughly the same forward voltage as the Bridgelux strips im using. would it be a bad idea adding them in parallel to the same circuit?
TEKNIK
LED Wizard
LED Wizard
Reactions:

Best not to run parallel with different chips forward voltage of the bridgelux is much lower than the optisolis
Find me on Instagram led_teknik
Roost
LED Enthusiast
LED Enthusiast
Reactions:

Good to know thanks. A additional driver may be in order still undecided.