EB Gen 3 1120mm Build driver question

Strip light questions and discussions go here (Samsung, Bridgelux, Photo Boost, Growcraft, etc.)
ScamDan
LED-Curious
LED-Curious
Reactions:

I'm looking to build somr EB Gen 3 1120mm 3500k full cycle light fixtures. I am dead set on these being the strips for my build, length and spectrum, and I will have 20 of them to work with. My real problem is finding the correct driver and the right price.

My plan as of right now is to create 5 fixtures of 4 strips that I can adjust independently in height and intensity for growing a variety of veggies. I found the
Inventronics EUK-150S560DT and it seems to match up, based on my limited understanding of electronics. I am a machinist, not an electrician, so please bluntly correct me here.

Here goes nothing:

Configuration - 4 x Strips in parallel connected to each driver

(150W) 37.5w per board (dimming to 30w)
(5600mA) 1400mA per board which matches the max rating of the gen 3 strips (running at 4200mA for 1050mA per board)
(14-39Vdc) close to the middle of the recommended driver selection voltages for the strips

Am I making any mistakes here? Is there a better way to do this? Do I need a special tool to set these drivers since they are programmable? Thanks so much for your help?

Links to products:

Bridgelux BXEB-L1120Z-35E4000-C-C3
https://www.futureelectronics.com/p/811 ... _Refferals

Inventronics EUK-150S560DT
https://www.futureelectronics.com/p/sem ... cs-8096154
TEKNIK
LED Wizard
LED Wizard
Reactions:

The inventronics drivers generally come preprogramed to the nominal current
You do not need to program them unless you want to adjust the current to lower it.
Seems like you have done your calculations correctly to me
Find me on Instagram led_teknik
ScamDan
LED-Curious
LED-Curious
Reactions:

Thanks, TEKNIK. Reading posts from you and the numerous other knowledgeable people on this site was helpful. I'll post pictures when I'm ready to start growing my own food. ScamDan out.
the Falcon
LED Enthusiast
LED Enthusiast
Reactions:

I recently found out the Meanwell 36V drivers go to 39v so they are a great option as the strips are 38.3v. I have one now going with 10 strips on a HLG -320 -42a - I'm going to use the extra volts on that one to add some extra red. It runs real nice at that power and just warm never hot. I also have 6 Gen 2 strips on a 240w driver and it also runs great and just warmish.
You will stoked on these strips - great light quality the plants really respond to. I have run the 6 on a 320 driver too and then it only got a little warm still not quite even what I would call hot, so I think you'll be fine on temps at that power.
ScamDan
LED-Curious
LED-Curious
Reactions:

I am stoked big time, Falcon. I decided to go even bigger than before and order another set of 20 EB Gen 3 strips in another color temperature. The plan is to still to set these up as 4' X 1' fixtures. The difference is that each fixture will have 2 3500k strips and 2 TBD color strips. I'm going to share the drivers between fixtures to that I can control the intensity of the 4 matching color boards across the 2 fixtures. I'm having a tough time making an informed decision on what that other color temp is going to be. I have it narrowed down to 2 choice's. 80 cri 4000k or 90 cri 2700k. I am leaning towards the 2700k. Here are the the 2 spectrum graphs from the Bridgelux EB Gen 3 catalogue.

Attachments
Screenshot_20200410-164841.png
the Falcon
LED Enthusiast
LED Enthusiast
Reactions:

Solstrip does 3k and 57 - he's double the 3k to the 57L. . And Chilled tech does 3K and 5K. I think I also have seen a mix of 27K and 5K or 4K. Next one I do I'm going to try this as well.
TEKNIK
LED Wizard
LED Wizard
Reactions:

Mixing different colours of similar phosphors doesn't give any advantage unless it's tunable.
I see alot of companies doing this but it's purely for marketing. They say it improves spectrum but it doesn't, if anything it actually has a negative effect on blending.
If you mixed chips that have different special phosphors or a different pump it makes sense but not many companies are doing this.
A manufacturer can order the colour they want so there is no need to blend things when using normal pumps with normal phosphors.

If you are going to make a tunable system I suggest CRI90 2700K with CRI90 5000K, this will give you about 3800K when blended but with that extra red in the spectrum.
Colour temperature is not the best way to judge what is good for plants, spectrum plays a vital role.
Find me on Instagram led_teknik