Living Room Grow Light Bar for Houseplants (1st build)

Strip light questions and discussions go here (Samsung, Bridgelux, Photo Boost, Growcraft, etc.)
bestinc
LED-Curious
LED-Curious
Reactions:

@MadCowTX how is the build progressing? I too am looking at building a houseplant light so I'm very interested in following your build
MadCowTX
LED-Curious
LED-Curious
Reactions:

I have the power supply and dimmer, and I'm expecting the light strips and heatsink any day now. But it will probably take me a little while to get around to picking up the wood and the rest of the bits and pieces. I'll post a photo and a parts list when I get it done.
bestinc wrote:
Thu May 07, 2020 3:49 pm
@MadCowTX how is the build progressing? I too am looking at building a houseplant light so I'm very interested in following your build
bestinc
LED-Curious
LED-Curious
Reactions:

Thanks, I look forward to it!

MadCowTX wrote:
Thu May 07, 2020 8:01 pm
I have the power supply and dimmer, and I'm expecting the light strips and heatsink any day now. But it will probably take me a little while to get around to picking up the wood and the rest of the bits and pieces. I'll post a photo and a parts list when I get it done.
bestinc wrote:
Thu May 07, 2020 3:49 pm
MadCowTX
LED-Curious
LED-Curious
Reactions:

I just realized that the Cutter strips have non-insulated Wago 2065 terminal blocks. Should I cover these with something to reduce the risk of electric shock from accidental contact, since the PCBs will be exposed, or am I being paranoid? What could I use to insulate them?
TEKNIK
LED Wizard
LED Wizard
Reactions:

If you are worried about it then buy some liquid electrical tape. Chances of you shorting them are minimal, liquid electrical tape is pretty cool stuff to have kicking around.
Find me on Instagram led_teknik
sprout
LED-Curious
LED-Curious
Reactions:

TEKNIK wrote:
Thu Jun 04, 2020 9:08 am
liquid electrical tape is pretty cool stuff to have kicking around.
I didn't know this stuff, nice! I used clear nail polish before when cooling with liquid metal but it's thin, I had to apply several layers and it might be hard to ever get it off again. I'll get some of this.
MadCowTX
LED-Curious
LED-Curious
Reactions:

Great tip! I've never heard of that stuff before, and it does indeed look very useful. Thank you again for your help!
TEKNIK wrote:
Thu Jun 04, 2020 9:08 am
If you are worried about it then buy some liquid electrical tape. Chances of you shorting them are minimal, liquid electrical tape is pretty cool stuff to have kicking around.