Need driver advice for EB Gen3 Strips

Strip light questions and discussions go here (Samsung, Bridgelux, Photo Boost, Growcraft, etc.)
SleepthenPhotonStorm
LED Enthusiast
LED Enthusiast
Reactions:

WAGO 222-415
Something like these would work well.

There are the other types but I prefer the ability to open them up and move wires when needed over the plain push in one on the left (yellow) that I'd have to cut the wires to move them unless it was stranded and prefer to go with solid core as it's less time consuming.
20200816_041725.jpg
TEKNIK
LED Wizard
LED Wizard
Reactions:

Ganjedi wrote:
Sun Aug 16, 2020 8:00 am
TEKNIK wrote:
Sun Aug 16, 2020 7:45 am

I would get a box of 5 way wagos
They always come in handy, box is 25pcs
The thing is where I'm at , we dont get boxes of wagos ... I found a site in my country that sells wagos per piece so I wanted to know which ones and how many to buy ... I have to connect 2 strips in series and connect those in parallel right ? So I will need the 2 way wagos for series I assume ? and which other do I need ? 5 way ? Also they have the small wagos with 5 way or the big ones with 5 way , which ones am I looking to buy ?
You will need at least 6 pcs of 5 way wagos.
Big or small doesn't matter. Big ones can handle more current but you won't be putting all that much current through them anyway. You can always solder 2 wires together and push them into one slot of a wago too if you run short.
Find me on Instagram led_teknik
Ganjedi
LED-Curious
LED-Curious
Reactions:

@TEKNIK
I did some research on wiring and if I'm getting this right then the + from driver goes to first slot of 5wago and then second slot goes to + of first strip (which is connected in series to another strip directly with wire) and this happens to 3 strips in total so by now 4 slots of the 5wago are used and the last slot of 5wago goes to another 5wago and this process continues like earlier ? Am I thinking in the right direction ? If this is so then all I need is 5way wagos and wires ? And as you suggested I will need 6x 5way wagos , 3 for + and 3 for - correct ?
Last edited by Ganjedi on Sun Aug 16, 2020 12:07 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Ganjedi
LED-Curious
LED-Curious
Reactions:

SleepthenPhotonStorm wrote:
Sun Aug 16, 2020 8:22 am
WAGO 222-415
Something like these would work well.

There are the other types but I prefer the ability to open them up and move wires when needed over the plain push in one on the left (yellow) that I'd have to cut the wires to move them unless it was stranded and prefer to go with solid core as it's less time consuming.

20200816_041725.jpg
Yes those grey big wagos and also they have the slim see through plastic wagos with orange flaps.
Attachments
ae235.jpg
ae235.jpg (15.45 KiB) Viewed 475 times
31GW0SstTSL._AC_.jpg
31GW0SstTSL._AC_.jpg (8.17 KiB) Viewed 475 times