Removing wires from led strip connectors

Strip light questions and discussions go here (Samsung, Bridgelux, Photo Boost, Growcraft, etc.)
TiJay
LED-Curious
LED-Curious
Reactions:

Hi there,

So I kind of have the same problem though with the poke in connector of the Bridgelux EB Series™ Slim Gen 3.
Anyone knows how to get the wire out?
PeteR_1
LED Tinker
LED Tinker
Reactions:

TiJay wrote:
Sat Oct 10, 2020 4:16 pm
So I kind of have the same problem though with the poke in connector of the Bridgelux EB Series™ Slim Gen 3.
Anyone knows how to get the wire out?
Bridgelux strip connectors have a small hole (at center) to depress the "spring" release, I use a small philips screwdriver with gentle but sustained pressure, sometimes you will feel a "click". If still stuck when gently tugged / pulled, you should "push in" on the wire first to disengage the "jaws" before pulling it out.

Samsung strip connectors have a rectangular "button" (at center) to depress the "spring" release, I use a small slotted (1/8") screwdriver with gentle but sustained pressure, sometimes you will feel a "click". If still stuck when gently tugged / pulled, you should "push in" on the wire first to disengage the "jaws" before pulling it out. same as Bridgelux connectors...

Warning; Excessive force will break the plastic connectors, be relatively gentle. ;)
TiJay
LED-Curious
LED-Curious
Reactions:

Thanks PeteR_1, I was lucky to have 11 strips, and needed only 4 for this build for my Cabinet viewtopic.php?p=23966#p23966, so could use other strips to finish build. Now i can complete the other lights too! :)