Dimmed Strips brighten by themselves?

Strip light questions and discussions go here (Samsung, Bridgelux, Photo Boost, Growcraft, etc.)
Warbar
LED-Curious
LED-Curious
Reactions:

Happy New Year to everybody and thanks for taking the time to read this and hopefully give advice.

Setup =
HLG 480H 48B
20x F-Series LT-F564B / 2 foot Strips.
Tc Point @ 250W = 35°C
Wired in parallel format

This build has only been running for 5 days. After spending an extended time in my tent I noticed the strips significantly brighten and after about 3 minutes dim back to desired level. This process continued with the length of time varying from 2 to 5 minutes approx. Here are the readings from the dc monitor.
The first is my desired reading and the second is what is went upto, which looks like full power.
Attachments
20210101_161303.jpg
20210101_161409.jpg
greengenes
LED Enthusiast
LED Enthusiast
Reactions:

How are you dimming them? Potentiometer, digital controller,...?
Warbar
LED-Curious
LED-Curious
Reactions:

Hi, Thanks for a quick response. I'm using a potentiometer, a cheap one from AliExpress. It's 100k along with a resistor but I haven't been able to check the pots. precise value.
greengenes
LED Enthusiast
LED Enthusiast
Reactions:

Warbar wrote:
Fri Jan 01, 2021 10:44 pm
Hi, Thanks for a quick response. I'm using a potentiometer, a cheap one from AliExpress. It's 100k along with a resistor but I haven't been able to check the pots. precise value.
Would try another pot if you have it to totally rule it out. But I doubt it's the pot. If it was a controller I would say that's the place to start looking, but simple pots usually are fully broken or not. Pulsing seems digital to me. Very possibly the drivers dimming circuit. is malfunctioning. If it is a meanwell you can get it RMA'ed by the distributor/store you bought it from. Meanwell does nothing direct, even warranties.
Warbar
LED-Curious
LED-Curious
Reactions:

Hi GG, thanks for getting back to me. I've taken your advice and changed the pot. Its early days but it seems to be stable. Desperately hoping it's not a driver problem, If it comes back that's where I'll look next. Cheers.
Attachments
Inspired by LEDGardener and Greengenes Garden
Inspired by LEDGardener and Greengenes Garden